10 weeks on citlaopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have been on 20mg of citlaopram and even though I feel much better I still have anxiety lurking not there a lot of the time, I am a lady and leading up to my menstrual cycle I defiantly feel worse.

How long to I feel 100%, I was in 40mg of propanadol but my dr reduced this to 20mg should I increase again, I haven't had diaizipam for 5 weeks which I'm pleased about but this morning I'm not feeling so good.

In need of a bit of reassurance xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sparkly

The monthly wobbles are quite normal. It took me ages to realise that there was a direct link between my anxiety/panic attacks and PMS. I'm so much better now, but it's taken me 6 months to get here. I'm on 40mg. Occasionally I take an ativan as advised by my Dr for the PMS wobbles.

You sound like you are doing really well on your journey. Each of us is different in the duration of our recovery.

Maybe speak to your Dr about the PMS anxiety and see what advice they can offer.

Take care.

Louise

• Posted

Hi sparkly 40

Hi I'm too the same as you have been on 20mg for 12 weeks now and have been doing so much better but this s last week anxiety is back no motivation and brain fog but I came on today so I'm guessing that's caused an unbalance! I'm hoping it'll all get much better soon! Anyone else out there took longer than 12 weeks to get on a better level???

• Posted

Hi Sparkly

First time I started Citalopram it took 3-4 months until I started feeling better, and was about 6 months when I felt 100%.  Early morning anxiety was the killer - and it was the last thing to disappear for me.

Second time around on Citalopram it took a little longer.  Probably 8 months until I felt 100%.  This time around I had a long spell of feeling flat - just nothing - not happy, not anxious, just a nothingness.

Everyone takes different times to feel better - it's such a pain playing the waiting game isn't it.

Seems like you're very slowly getting there though.  For me, first time around, it happened so gradual I hardly noticed it - it crept up on me really slowly.  I remember being out one evening and it suddenly dawned on me that I was enjoying myself and hadnt actually felt anxious or thought of it.  Didn't last as I was anxious again the next morning, but this realisation I was feeling better, happy, anxious free kept happening when I was out or busy doing something.  Slowly it increased and eventually I'd wake in the morning with no anxiety.

Its a funny old game at times 😕

• Posted

Hey ladies. I'm the same as the both of u, have been on Cit 20mg for 10 weeks now, into my 11th week yesterday. Had awful anxiety the week leading up to my cycle, have just started the pill so taking that in the morning and taking Cit in the evening hoping my hormones sort itself out. Feeling tired today and and I'm still getting the heavy head, really looking forward to getting back to "normal" so love this site as we all support each other. Have come along way from where i was but feel I'm not there yet. Hope u all have a great new year. Here's to 2016.

Sam xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.