10 weeks post a&p repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 10 weeks post op and having a bad time with anal pain been back in hospital 1 doctor said i have hemorrhoids another says proctalgia?. I feel like I have a rectal prolapse i am so down in the dumps so uncomfortable. My colorectal surgeon said he doesn't know what more he can do so he is referring me to another doctor 13 week wait list fir appointment. Had check up with my surgeon she said op is healing fine so why am I in so much pain and discomfort from back end. 

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

karen are you in the UK? I'm only asking because you mentioned a colorectal surgeon rather than a Urogynaecologist.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi matron yes in uk I saw colorectal surgeon originally with bowel problems but my urogyneacologist did my op. I have been talking to you previously but not been on here for a couple of weeks as not good I'm getting so down my husband came home from work and I was crying like a baby x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh karen feeling weepy is only natural. It's a long time to be in pain and I can't understand why you are having to wait so long for another appointment. Most Urogynaecologists will see their patients very quickly if there's a problem but your GP can ask for your appointment to be brought forward. They have a system where they can expedite your appointment so speak to your GP xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi matron it's my old colorectal surgeon that doesn't know what to do with me that has passed me on to another doctor at another hspital I have rang to see hw long the wait for first appointment is to be told minimum 10 weeks i have found that the same doctor has a private practice and got an appointment for 16 th may I just hope ths won't effect my nhs referral  have you heard of anybody else having this much discomfort 10 weeks post op.and to make matters worse my employer is getting fed up with me being off work x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Seeing a consultant privately shouldn't affect your NHS referral so don't worry about that. I must admit I can't think of another patient having the same problems but remember I worked on the wards so if they were seen in outpatients I wouldn't however I can't recall any ladies coming back on the ward with similar problems. Please try not to worry about your employer although I know that's not easy but your health is far more important xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Karen and matron not sure if u remember I had horrendous rectal pain then suddenly at 14 weeks it just stopped and never came back. Let's hope it's the same for u Karen.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

As matron has said many many times, we need far more information than we are given to make an informed decision. I for one would never have had this op, but there are many I'm sure like matron herself that have had good results , I wish u a speedy recovery. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had my op on 2nd Nov last year , it has been and still is the worst experience of my life, my gp seems to think the prolapse is back, my consultant won't see me as he said all was well at my post op , he has caused nerve damage that has left me in constant pain, and I now have a lump that is by far worse than before the op. My gp said op has failed, and I really have no faith in this consultant so I'm seeking a 2nd :opinion privately. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh no jan what a horrible time you are still having. I don't think my rectocele has worked and cystocele s so swollen i can't tell. I've gt horrible anal pain and back and pelvic pain I'm going to see pelvc pain consultant privately as waiting list is at least 10 weeks on nhs. Hoe you get sorted this truely is a bad operation to recover from I just wish I could turn the clock back I'm on more pain killers than before I had the op done x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up