10 weeks post left TKR

Posted , 11 users are following.

i just wanted to share with the regular lot on here that I've had a great day today. I'll be 10 weeks post op tomorrow and I've felt a great change this week in my recovery after been stuck for weeks on end. I've managed to climb a flight of stairs without holding on to anything bearing in mind I live in a bungalow. But the best news of all is that I can now bend my knee enough to get my feet on the foot pegs of my beloved Hornet (Motorbike). This has been one of my goals. It's still painful but I can physically do it. I'm so pleased I was worried that I would never be able to ride it again 😃

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yaaahay! Your mph are on the up!🆙🆓🆙🆓🆙🆓🆙🆓💥💨 no picture of motorbike on my options, so that's the best I could do!

😁😀

• Posted

😂😂 it's close enough Jenny 🏍. As far as I'm concerned any more range of movement I get will be a bonus. I'm sooooo over the moon 🌛 Happy happy happy 😃

• Posted

Well done you. I don’t have any problem bending or straightening my knee but living with pain like this is soul destroying. 4 wks in

Suki xx

• Posted

Well done you!! I bet you are over the moon 🌛 xx

• Posted

It’s the pain I’m having trouble with I take my meds do what I’m told walking with one stick. Does anyone know when I can take these awful white stockings off? Suki xxx
    • Posted

I was told 6 weeks from the ward but I took them off after 4. I couldn't bear them any longer!

• Posted

So envious of you all as still cannot even get a date after 32 week wait so far, and other leg is now failing fast.

• Posted

I live in Ireland and waited a year to the day before my pre op assessment.was waiting another 6 weeks before I got a cancellation
  • Posted

It's great to hear good news like that normally it's worry and concerns we share .... everyone is a great on this forum on my first few weeks post op talking to you lovely people kept me sane ..👍👏

• Posted

Yes  this forum has been excellent and I can't thank people enough for sharing their experiences. It certainly puts your mind at rest  and makes you realise we all don't heal at the same rate but we all get there in the end. If I just listened to my doctor and surgeon I would be thinking there was something wrong with me and as for the physio that told me what flexion you have at 6 weeks is more or less what you'll be left with was totally wrong. I feel that my flexion will improve further. When I do range of movement exercises now the pain has moved instead of it being at the front near my knee cap it is now inside the knee but feels different it's not as sharp. So thanks everybody X 

• Posted

Marvelous news. We have all learned THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL !!! Yeh. This forum I agree and have said so many times, keeps us sane , we all help each other with our knowledge and advice.
  • Posted

Hi snoozy.so glad you're starting to feel better.its nearly three weeks since you answered my first query.it was very helpful.i am now at 5 weeks post op and doing bit better.i had my first review with my surgeon yesterday and my first physio today.they are both pleased with my progress.i just have a couple of questions if you or anybody else can help.i have been smothering my scar in bio oil and baby oil and all the scabs have come off and it looks well.the last bit came off the other day and I noticed a little white thing in the scar.its a bit tender.the surgeon said its an internal stitch and it should dissolve (only tiny)he doesn't want to do anything which might damage the metal part of the implant.when the junior doctor was moving my knee to see the bend it was a bit sore and afterwards a bit of water came out which never happened before.has anybody else had this happen.also how long does the burning and tingling go on for.sorry for the long post x

• Posted

Hi Barbara I think someone else on here had a bit of stitch poking out and they just snipped it off 😂 You say a bit water came out of your wound? Is that where the stitch is? It's quite normal for a wound to weep a bit of fluid if it's open as long as it's clear and not pus. Does the burning feeling feel like that rawness you have when you burn your skin on something? That feeling has now gone with me and the tingling all I have now is a bit of tightness across the knee usually worse first thing in the morning x

• Posted

hi snoozy.thanks for the reply.yes the water came out where the stitch is.its clear.first time it happened.seems like the tingling is all normal.very uncomfortable but hopefully will go soon.stiff too first thing in the morning.but definately bit better this week.x
    • Posted

I still get stiff at 10 weeks so it's all normal, hobble about a bit first thing in the morning or when you've been sat for a bit. Others have said it goes eventually so I can't wait for that day. I'm glad for you that it's feeling a better this week. It's does get better I promise but your recovery might seem to get stuck for quite a while and then one week you get a boost. That's what I've experienced in the past week x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.