10 weeks post left TKR

Posted , 11 users are following.

i just wanted to share with the regular lot on here that I've had a great day today. I'll be 10 weeks post op tomorrow and I've felt a great change this week in my recovery after been stuck for weeks on end. I've managed to climb a flight of stairs without holding on to anything bearing in mind I live in a bungalow. But the best news of all is that I can now bend my knee enough to get my feet on the foot pegs of my beloved Hornet (Motorbike). This has been one of my goals. It's still painful but I can physically do it. I'm so pleased I was worried that I would never be able to ride it again 😃

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, just after some advise please. I had a. Partial knee replacement on 8 th September which is nearly 12 weeks due to Osceola arthritis. I still have pain at night, due to limping for quite a long time post op. Have a lot of hip pain , this hip was replaced about 1 year and 3 months ago. Also my knee swells very badly and becomes stiff and tight if I'm walking for too long. I am a nurse and need to get back to work but am worried due to the swelling. 

Has anyone had similar problems??

• Posted

Hi Fiona I am also a nurse and we are the worst patients. If your knee is swelling badly you need to back up a bit because you're doing too much and there is no way you will be able to back to work just yet. What area of nursing do you work in? If you have pain take pain meds, if you have swelling rest, ice and elevate. Your hip is probably hurting because you've been compensating on it due to your knee. If that was patient telling you those symptoms what would you say. As I said before nurses hate being patients. We like to do the looking after not the other way round it's in our nature. Before I left hospital the ward manager gave me a right talking to because I was a bit hard to handle when I was staying there and she was the only one I listened to because I thought I knew best. I took her advise and I'm glad I did. So Fiona behave yourself and stop doing too much your body isn't ready just yet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.