10 weeks post op today

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and progressing.

Just a little update again. My daughter took me shopping yesterday, just for a few things, suprised how well I coped, normally hubby does it all. So managed most if my shopping myself, my daughter only handled a few of the heavier things and carried the bag.

Can manage about 2 litres but supporting it with second hand, don't think I could carry that much for any length of time.

Doing heavier washing loads, still got to be careful with wet washing so much heavier, especially towels and jeans.

Doing a little of most things around the house most days, and gradually doing more, but still not doing any heavy spring cleaning.

So almost back to near normal. Enjoying the warm weather for last 2 days, two of my daughters over for visit yesterday, sat a bit too long in the sun chairs, not very supportive, back repair throbbing, sore, and kept we awake for hours couldn't get comfy at all.

Front repair I'm sure is completely healed, but back repair, think swelling has just went down as discovered stitch just inside vag... opening maybe about a half inch/ inch up on back wall. Think that is what is giving me all the discomfort.

Got ten days yet till I go back to work so Hope it loosened or disowned by then as it's still like catgut at the moment. This is the only bit now that still feels a bit weak when I overdo things.

Hope you are all making the most of the good weather.

Happy healing, look after yourself and take the time you need.

Phyl x💖

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Lovely to hear you are doing so well.

How's the swimming going? I managed 3o lengths yesterday all good not a single ache or pain, stopped myself from doing too much. having a day off today and back again tomorrow.

keep us updated and lovely to hear good news.

Mik x

• Posted

Hi Beetlebugmilk,

30 lengths! That's great! Not been over the weekend or yesterday, daughter over for few days, and been just enjoying weather in the garden and caching up with washing.

Will hopefully get swimming again later this afternoon. Need to get that extra tyre pulled in, most of my clothes don't fit had to buy new cropped jeans yesterday! Don't want to have to replace all my clothes though. Seriously will have to watch my portion sizes and my sweet tooth!

Take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

i'm feeling the tyre too, not put on much weight but certainly have an extra roll thats new, maybe still a little swelling in the tum but its not getting squatters rights and will be evicted as soon as possible lol 

enjoy that sunshine, you must be up north down south it rained all day yesterday and on and off today. so enjoy it while you can and family time too sounds lovely

xx

• Posted

Yes, North of Glasgow, in a little village, in middle of nowhere.

It's not often we get it this good, so making the most of it!

My younger daughter managed to get the day off, and the older one (very rarely see her) managed to come over too with granddaughter, good to catch up but a lot of work up and down back steps (like a work out) topping up cold drinks and snacks.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Glad your on the mend hunni 😉.xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Topsi,

Hope you are doing well too!

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Phyllis, it's lovely to hear you're doing so well. I'm exactly 10 weeks as well. I had TVH  and A and P repairs. This is the first week that I've felt less sore from the posterior repair. The GP prescribed oestrogen as I was so dry and sore. I'm hoping to be back at work at the end of the month. I started swimming on Monday and was achy yesterday but ok today so went back again today. Now lying down again! I feel I have to pace myself throughout the day. Hope you ( and all you ladies) continue to do well with your recovery. 
    • Posted

Thanks Ptjinks,

Swimming really takes if out of you, but at least the weightlessness means that the there is no pressure on the pelvic floor.

My favourite stroke is the breaststroke, but unfortunately can't do it, stretches the legs to wide at top of legs, so having to be content doing the front crawl.

Google thing is it exercises all the muscles and should help in getting fit for return to work. As well as strengthening the pelvic floor.

I find that I have to pace myself too, it's really difficult as in my nature to get everything done as quickly as possible, and move on to something else, but having to do little bits and pieces then having rest, same with walks, by nature not a slow walker, keep having to slow myself down otherwise I get sore.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

It's vagifem.  I think they do use it for HRT.  Not sure if it will be long term the GP gave me 10 days supply to try. He said as I've not gone through menopause I might not need it but I was so dry and sore internally he said to try it and it's made a massive difference.
    • Posted

It can be used long term and my Urogynaecologist advised me to. 
    • Posted

I was given pesssry to use every day for 3 months and then twice a week long term
    • Posted

I had to use a pessary every day for 2 weeks then twice a week. I was also on HRT in tablet form but I think it really does help the dryness and atrophy of the vagina.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.