10 weeks post TKR. Elastic band has gone!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just thought I would share that the excruciatingly tight elastic band that has been with me, wrapped round my knee,from day 1 has gone!

It just occured really. No snaps or sensations. I just realised it had gone. Now it may be back tomorrow. But I don't care. I can feel my knee without that horrible tight feeling. It makes the light at the end of the tunnel just a good bit bigger.smile

Onwards and upwards!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nearly 8months post op afterTKR still in lots of pain just started another round of Physio.  Told to use a stick again, as my muscles still not strong enough to support me, right hip causing lots of problems too, and  my TKR leg is taking all the strain. Got lots of strengthening exercises todo.i can completely straighten knee,  bending more difficult, had two falls , the last landing badly on knee. Knee just doesn't have strength to support me. 
    • Posted

Falling is what I dread most. Am using elbow crutch for balance and to take pressure of hip when tired. Stick is harder my knee collapses. It is purely lack of strength so make sure to do those exercises and ice afterwards. Are you taking anti inflammatories and elevating really high for twenty minutes. Maybe you need a deep tissue massage it really helped my bend and my swelling reduced dramatically . Good luck
    • Posted

Hi caroline I'm on lots of painkillers as I also have Rheumatoid arthritis massaging regularly, my quadriceps are very weak, thigh muscles weak since spinal fusion , better than I have been but still very annoying especially at night time and moving from sitting to standing. Trying to keep positive back at work part time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.