10mg not working anymore?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm trying so hard to focus long enough to type all of this. Back in early November I started taking cit 10mg. After a really rocky first few weeks I finally started feeling better around early December. I was even able to enjoy Christmas anxiety free! However, immediately after the holidays my anxiety has come back with a vengeance. My intrusive thoughts are out of control, I'm barely sleeping (I get horrible nightmares and wake up in a panic), I haven't been able to eat or drink anything for the past two days and I can't focus on a conversation for any longer then a minute. I'm seeing my doctor February 8th for an increase. I used to be on 30mg around two years ago and I was wondering if that's the reason 10 stopped working so quickly? I'm so confused and am starting to feel that same hopelessness I felt back when this all started. 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would speak to your dr but it does sound like you need to increase your dose especially as you felt better for a period if time. Ring them today. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Danielle,

I’m sending you a big hug! I would talk to your doctor about increasing as 10mg is such a low dose, and it doesn’t help that there is not much sunlight this time of year either! 

Am happy to hear you had a relaxing holiday period, remember how you felt and that you will be back to feeling like that soon... your doc will be able to help smile

Louise .xo

• Posted

Hi!

I too think you should increase your dose. 10mg is normally just a starting dose. I found I had concentration problems on 10mg yet when I increased that got better (although the anxiety hasn't gone yet!) Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you all so much for the advice. It's been a rough week so hearing all of this is so reassuring. I really don't want to be back at square one with all of this. 

• Posted

About 7 years ago I was really bad. I got better and was fine. Off meds for about a year. Randomly panic and anxiety came back around August last year. I think once we have suffered from anxiety or panic or depression it's with us for life. Each time it gets to us again we become stronger and better equipped to deal with it. Don't think of it as being back at square one again. Think of it as having a bout of the flu again or something similar. You know you can and will get better. Take it one day at a time and allow yourself to rest and get better. Take care. I hope tomorrow is better for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.