10mg to 20mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi...I'm on 10mg for anxiety the past 34 days  and have had the usual side affects for a white but my anxiety hasn't  really improved....I'm back with gp tomorro and she may increase me to 20....will I have the side affects all over again r is it easier as my body has been used with taking the 10..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hey there,

i started out at 10mg for anxiety aswell. i had increased anxiety for a few days to a week and then was upped to 20mg. i probably had some side effects but because my anxiety was becoming very physical i didnt notice as much. i was then upped to 20mg and for the first few days i was so happy didnt have any side effects and all the physical symptoms went away. i dont think you will have much of a problem being upped to 20mg but everyone is different. it really depends of how much you can take really.

once it gets properly into your system you should be fine! im on week 6 i think and the only symptom i have left is feeling like being choked and having something in your throat. it sucks but all the other symptoms like dizziness and the numbness and pain in the chest and arms have subsided!

i hope you feel better soon and your anxiety comes down. but it does get better! i dont wake up anxious like i used to! it just takes time unfortunately!

• Posted

Thankyou hopefully it passes for u quickly ❤️ I'm back with gp tomorro so will speak to her then xx
    • Posted

May be get a tablet cutter and do 15 mg for 2 weeks then up to 20. Im on week 8 and starting to see an improvement the last 3 or 4 days, and side effects are minimal ie tense jaw, and mild tension headaches, 2 weeks on 10mg and 6 weeks on 20mg
  • Posted

Hi,

Agree with what is being said in answer to your post. I came here rather hesitatntly and not sure what was going to happen to me, I started on 10mg and now on 30mg after three months.

I was very surprised that the slight panic and anxiousness was then made worse by Cita. Through this site I was quickly reassured that this is fairly usual and it seems to cause more before it can begin to treat.

Everyone is different and the side effects depend on how the drug works with you, age, general health, diet, gender etc. In fact there has been some very interesting discussions here recently on hormones v chemical imbalances. Unfortunately the wonderful person helping us has been, it appears, unfairly removed due to someone who adds nothing to this site objecting to her kind words, taken without consideration.

Anyway, you are here and at the right place, ask away however, insignificant it may seem whatever time of day.

Wwe are all here to help eachother (apart from one I could mention, but does not deserve the time or space!).

All the best,

David

• Posted

Thankyou David it does help comin here and I wondered where the lady went as I was enjoying reading what she had posted it's a Shame she's been removed

• Posted

Having gone through the same experience as you. I had significant side effects from which I with agreement with the GP stopped taking Cit which was the best thing I have done for a while.  However what is more than appaent is that there does not appear to be any general rule as to how any individual will react to this drug both in the side effect which they experience and any possible withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking the drug.

My suggestion to you is if you feel that any side effects you experience together with the potential withdrawal symptoms when you stop (probably similar to your side effects) is better than the anxiety which you are / were experiencing then continue with the tablets.

Whatever your decision ensure that you do it in concert with your GP and do not be afraid of regularly consulting the GP to update your position / feelings about taking Cit. One thing which is obvious to me is that we know better than thedoctors how we are reacting to the drug and this should be listened to by the medics.

I hope this helps!!

• Posted

It does help!! I was with gp today and started on 20 so fingers crossed
  • Posted

I came back from the Doctor lunch time and she suggested I stay on 30mg as there is a change, even though I have still a ways to go yet. I do post updates every so often to let people know how I am getting on.

You may find that with the increase you may get an incrrease in some side effects. However, you may be a llucky one and won't! Every one is different. Fortunately, we have this forum to see us through!

Good Luck!

David

• Posted

Hi again David hope you dont mind me asking what age you are, and did you stop cits and start again ot a different med. Im 43 by the way, I dont know why I need to know your age just nosey I guess
    • Posted

Hey NOSEY!

I hope you don't think I tell every boy my age do you! LOL!

I have just turned 58 (last week). I have only taken Cita and only since December.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.