10mg to 20mg increase, how do you cope? 😢

Posted , 8 users are following.

It seems bizarre that going to the Dr after a month feeling slightly  better, lessening side effects and a bit brighter, I now find myself feeling back to square one.

My doctor wants to increase the dose as I wasnt fully myself and dealing with a broken heart too. This journey was too much for my long term boyfriend. Devastated.  I've gone from 10mg to 20mg and day one I feel like I can't make it through another day.

my anxiety is through the roof, my skin is burning, I feel sick, alone and desperately sad ??

How do people cope? 

Any my advice or support, really appreciated xx

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Donna, 

The side effects can take a while to subside and there's no easy way to say this but you just have to stick with it until they wear off. I've been on 20mg for 6 weeks today (was previously on 10mg for 3 months) and I'm still not completely there yet. I have had some very good days and some bad ones, but eventually the good days should outnumber the bad and that's what I'm holding out for. It doesn't happen overnight, it is a very gradual process with lots and lots of ups and downs. Just keep persevering and you will get there xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your encouraging words.  I hope you get there soon.  There seems to a light for you, good days are appearing. I dont want to wish time away but I want to find myself again soon.  Xx
  • Posted

Hi Donna,

Early days I used diazapam for the anxirty which worked really well, until the citalopram kicked in after just a few days for the anxiety. Depression wise, took a good few months till I felt well (so tired). Like you, I felt the first dose wasn't quite enough - you know in your self how you feel - so I increased from 20mg to 30mg for about 6 months, then went back down to 20mg. This made a huge difference to how I felt. Citalopram does work really well, but getting off it is also important. When the time is right, withdrawing using the drops over a long period is effective in reducing the withdrawl symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.