10mg week 5 third day of feeling like I’m going backwards

Posted , 7 users are following.

im on week 5 now on 10mg and the past 3 days have been like the very beginning , straight to bed after work (safe zone) 5pm then sweating panicking , cant sleep at night then waking up way too early, i have had little blips inbetween but this is starting to feel like cit isnt working now , suggestions and reasurance needed please 😦

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know that anti-depressants are a roller coaster for the first few months at least and there are going to be times where you wonder if they are even working, or feel like your going backwards that is what most of us have experienced anyway. It takes quite a bit of time to really start getting things leveled out. Have you had some positive times already even if they were small, such as hours or a day here and there? Usually means that it is starting to work. I would say if you are still feeling really bad in another week or two I would contact your physician you could possibly need a dose increase, talk to your doctor . I myself am on week 7 and having those roller coaster days too but I know it takes a couple to a few months to really start leveling out so for now just trying to be patient and not get too panicky until that happens. I took zoloft years ago when I was going through some really hard times and it seemed that worked the same way. Just takes time. Just breathe, and try to relax, and tell yourself it's going to be okay.

• Posted

Im desling with the same thing last few days. I have felt great for a week and now its hit me. I will soon start to taper to 15 from 20. I hate to taper feeling these blips. Going to wait til I feel better first yhen start taper. My doc suggested going to 10mg from 20mg due to sexual side effects. Said 10mg will help better for my anxiety.

• Posted

hi it is normal it always feels worse after you have had a couple good days . It will eventually settle down and you will start to feel better i am now 8 months in 2nd time around and am feeling great it hasnt been easy far from it . Once you turn the corner it is well worth it so hang on in there the cit is definately working if it wasnt u wouldnt have any good days

• Posted

Hi James

be reassured this is perfectly normal on these meds. I AM in anxiety remission now for 14 months being off all meds for anxiety.

It took me six months to be blip free!

Patience and PERSISTENCE is the key to recovery.TRUST me if you do this you will recover.It takes a lot of time but you will recover. TRY not to let the symptoms make you fearful because fear feeds fear. JUST accept its a blip and tell yourself tomorrow it will be better. RIDE THE STORM , it will level out.

• Posted

HI james,

that is the citalopram. I had a roller coaster ride for several weeks. I noticed a huge difference after 4 months. I'm on it 11 months 10 mg and feel good. I'm so glad i stayed with it. I actually felt good after 5 months. Every now and then i would get a blip period. Stay with it!! It's important you

give up caffeine and sugar. Also exercise like walking for 15-30 min daily. Trust me it will help you get through it.

Will

• Posted

im trying my hardest to ride the storm but really am finding it hard i literally have no appitite at all , to the point of feeling empty inside constantly , and my sleeping is so unsettled its unreal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.