11.5 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello, im now on 11.5 weeks of my increased dose from 5mg for 4 years to 10mg for 11.5 weeks. im slowly starting to notice a difference however today had a really bad panic attack. is this normal, so far along? im a little more anxious too after the attack. will the meds still continue to work even after 11.5 weeks?or is this as good as im gonna get? im not 100% and still have anxious thoughts about certain things or things that i have coming up that i have to do. please send thoughts. thank u

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello,

yes its normal, i have been on cit for over a year now. its a slow process, im on 30mg now. i started just as you did. just be patient, the stuff works. i dont know why this happened to me. but i know exactly how you feel. just hang in there better days are coming. thats coming from me who, knows! my panic attacks didnt end until i was on 20mg. just hang on there!!

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hi Marissa,

A bit of anxiety is normal even for folks who are not depressed. It helps keep us from being too impulsive.

Obviously not the type of anxiety that leads to panic attacks though. However it is quite normal to have sudden blips. Alcohol/ going through an extra stressful time and even nothing whatsoever can trigger them. Accept that it's a random occurrence. And realise that eleven and a half weeks isn't really that far in at all. It's taken me a good 5 or 6 months to start feeling back to normal.

If you have the resources, I can also recommend acupuncture for calming anxiety and panic.

Sending good wishes x

Report Reply
    • Posted

ruth, thank u for the reply. im going on day 4 of anxiety i hope this is just a blip. i thought i was on my way to revovery and now this. im hoping it goes away bc i really dont want to increase my dose. yes id love for you to send me some resources. thank you

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up