11 days clean of Mirtazapine Sleep Disturbances

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 5 weeks on mirtazapine, stopped cold turkey and the daytime symptoms are really diminishing each daysmile. Having no trouble getting to sleep, just trouble staying asleep, im waking up every 3 hours with my head feeling really rough and im having nightmares. How long will this last?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Liam, I'm sorry you had a tough time with the phenergan.  When in wd people often have paradoxical reactions to supplements and drugs.

I would just like to caution you about the chlonazapam since it is a benzo and if used frequently it is easy to become dependent, and withdrawal from benzos is as bad as if not worse than mirt.  Two weeks of daily use and you're hooked, so please use it sparingly.

I'm for reinstating and doing a slow taper after reinstatement.  Calmer, what dose are you on now?  And you still have your sleep?

• Posted

Hi Betsy

I'm down to 5.8 mg (decimal's are important in withdrawal lol) which is a 7% drop this time.  I still have good sleep, touch wood.

Hows it going for you, still swings with moods?  Is this day 4/5  I wonder?

x

• Posted

Hi betsy, yeah apparently benzo withdrawal is the worst drug to withdraw from, many say more severe than heroin withdrawal. With benzos, I limit myself to using maximum twice a week. But good advice because if i didnt know, i would of became dependant on them.
    • Posted

Glad you know.  I think a lot of people are using benzos regularly not realizing that what they are taking is a benzo, thanks to all the crafty names they have.
    • Posted

Hi Calmer, congrats on 5.8 mg woohoo!

I'm holding at 14 while I get sorted out.  Thursday was the last bad day, and I had a downright NORMAL Friday through today!  I actually took a remedy my homeopath told me to take for the low energy and anxiety, so I don't know if it is that or the fact that I'm stabilizing, but I've been pretty darn productive and energetic the last several days!  I did wake up with a big of grog fog, heavy eyes for awhile, which is not normal for me.  I've never had a problem with feeling awake once I get up on mirt.

My doc prescribed me the SolTabs so I could do the liquid with that, so that is my next dilemma.  I only have a week's worth of the regular 15 mg tabs left and then a month's worth of the SolTabs, so I am doing 3/4 of the 14 mg regular and 1/4 SolTabs for four days, then I will do half and half for four days and then 1/4 and 3/4 etc. until switched over to the SolTabs.  Then I think I will gradually switch over to the liquid version the same way, part dry and part liquid.  Hopefully I can adapt and not run afoul the way I did before. 

Are you on the liquid now? Did you find any difference between dry and liquid?  I'm so excited, and jealous, that you are so low!  Are you finding these lower doses more sedatating?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.