11 days on sertreline still no better

Posted , 3 users are following.

Diagnosed with GAD 11 days ago. I have been started on 50mg of sertreline, I have never felt worse my anxiety levels have rocketed. I feel particularly bad in the mornings and also have difficulty sleeping. Any advise from any one on sertreline for these early days ? How long before you felt better after the initial side effects ? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

wehn i was onthis years ago i rememberit took around a month to start feeling benefits to i guess stick with  for now
  • Posted

Hi John

it will usually take about a month to feel better, I had real bad anxiety for about 4 months, I was on Lexapro 10mg for about 10 years for GAD and it quit working, so they up my Lexapro to 20mg and my anxiety is much better. I had depression along with it so they put me on Wellbutrin 150mg, I am finally feeling better. I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to chat with me if you want to, I know it helps to talk to others who are going through the same thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.