11 months post op

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

11 months post op today for A&P repairs.

Repairs are holding up, interior walls thickened up through using estriol. Occasional problems due to scar tissue; can be nippy and painful so still have to be careful not to rush about or overstretch when walking.

Doing about 30 each of fast and long hold pelvic floor exercises per day. Not managing my swimming just now but have started some low impact exercise at home and gently building it up to try and gently work the scar tissue.

Not managing the long faster paced walks that I was doing after 1st repair, but then posterior repair can take longer to recover from and I went back to work much quicker this time so maybe I didn't take long enough out this time, so much slower progress.

Still only doing my 2 x 5 hour contract shifts, most overtime only available on self's can area and can't take the long time on my feet. Would ask for any shifts coming up on seat at checkouts but most seats broken or unsuitable so waiting for new seats before pushing for extra shifts.

Managing most things around the house but avoiding any heavy spring cleaning, managing short periods of hoeing in garden but again nothing heavy; bit of a pain trying to avoid bending too often.

Toilet wise all systems working as they should, still wear a thin pad at work or going out 'just in case' but no accidents at all.

Occasionally get that dull achy pain deep in vag... towards the back, not really sure what it is except get it when been on my feet more than couple of hours, sitting too long, or if lifted something too heavy. It's the things that you would normally class as not light but not particularly heavy; you think you'll be OK and turns out it'd heavier than you think.

I suppose I am lucky that these repairs are good especially as the say 2nd repairs have less chance of success. I also have to remember that I am coming up for 57 and been through menopause therefor getting older and as my peers keep reminding me even they can't do as much as they would like to. I'm so use to being able to start and finish projects in a no-time , and going for a short walk meant a good few miles.

So suppose I really just have to accept a more sedentary lifestyle and do a little bit of everything now and again.

Anyway hope you are all well and recovering well, remember to keep up with PF exercises. Soon be spring and hopefully some warm sun.

Hope everyone awaiting surgery receives their date soon.

Happy healing,

Phyl, x ?💖

3 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello phyl. I always enjoy reading your updates. Your attitude to post repair is good and very sensible. Like you looking forward to the spring when I can get out and tackle my new garden. Take care xx
    • Posted

Waiting patiently so I can get back on my bike, just don't know how I'm going to manage to sit on it.

Already planning out my garden and thinking about getting seed trays started. Just going to have to adjust to new limitations.

Problems going to be motivating my hubby to deal with the heavy things when I want them done; will have to diplomatically manipulate him😅😅😅, never been very good at that!

• Posted

I think most husbands have to be gently manipulated. I've just gently manipulated mine to book a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and it worked!! 😂😂

• Posted

Well done, that sounds great. We are going cruising to eastern med... , hubby not looking forward too it, elder daughter can't wait.

Ship going out from Cyprus, mainly Greek Islands, port for Athens and 2x turkey stops.

He said it will have to be the last trip for a while, we need new windows.

You will be much safer going north east rather than the med... ; we booked it before all the carry on arrested in Turkey and before Russian subs moved into waters off eastern Cyprus. They might change the Turkey stops, if they do hubby will be relieved but older daughter will be disappointed.

Can't please them all.

X

• Posted

Meant arupted in Turkey!
    • Posted

My mum and dad went on this cruise and they loved it. Enjoy xx
    • Posted

We did an Eastern med 18 months ago, loved it but my favourite is the Baltic cruise. When are you going?
    • Posted

It is a great way to travel. This will be our 4th x
    • Posted

We are going end of March/beg of April, planned to go early so it wasn't too hot for youngest daughter and before her passport ran out , but found out I had to renew anyway as need 6 months on it for Turkey. When you going?

• Posted

What other ones have you done? It's great that you don't need to do a lot of walking unless you want too, and the trips range from active to easy going.

• Posted

We are going in July. We've done a Baltic, Eastern Med and last March a Caribbean cruise. The Caribbean was a fly cruise but the others were from Southampton. You are right about the walking and if you don't want to walk into the centre there are shuttle buses. 

• Posted

Done a western med back in 2012, had my pessary/ring in, spent the day at sea being sea sick and ring kept coming out.

But once back nearer land was OK and the pessary allowed me to enjoy the rest of the cruise, that was before my 1st repair. Things went down hill in the months after that.

Loved the cruise, great to wake up in a different port everyday and entertainment on board every night so no need to worry about distance getting around and as you say can get shuttles to too town centres if needed.

Wanted to do caribbean cruise for 40th anniversary in 2018 but not now I've booked cruise this year.

Still got Italian lakes and verona/Venice on the cards maybe late 2018. We will see how prolapse issues go and if I can take on extra shifts at work by then, but been told no more for now 😕😢😠!

• Posted

Yes, they do look lovely, was telling my sisters I had it on the cards for anniversary maybe and they tried to hijack my plans, suggesting I go with them instead.

Maybe that's what I'll do they are both retired and widowed so maybe it would be fun. I was never very close to them as they are both 11 and 14 years older than me and different generation.

Anyway might end up going with them instead!

X

• Posted

Thank you Phyl for your post. I've find if I been on my feet to long I feel that dragging feeling. Good to know it's all normal with healing. I'm 5 months, I've been ridding a recumbent bike. I had gotten it to run the dog, but it is quite comfortable. Have you ever tried one? I love bike ridding, now I'm only going 2 miles, not real fast. Didn't think I should be pushing it.

Thanks for being so honest. It helps others like me.

Take Care,

Grace

• Posted

Was getting in trouble today for looking on the Thomson lakes and mountains Web site earlier today😅!

Abyway hope you enjoy your cruise in July, you will have to let's us know how you get on !

X

• Posted

Haven't tried a recumbent bike as yet; that's great that you are managing a couple of miles, well done.

Once spring here I'm going to invest in padded cycle shorts for under my sports trousers. Already got a gel saddle, but like you say will take my time and build up slowly.

X

• Posted

😂😂 You'll have to do it secretly phyl. We stayed in Gardone right next to where you can pick up the boat that goes around all the lake. 

• Posted

Don't tell me anything else, your firing me up! Going to get myself in big trouble!

😅😅😅

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.