11 mths of issues, surgery in sight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

After 11 long months of issues,starting with IBS symptoms in June, Reflux inSeptember and being refered and diagnosed with mulitple mobile  Gallstones In October, I saw the surgeon today.

I have lost almost 15kg during that time, had to cut so many food groups, suffering with reflux, IBS D ( so bad I hardly make it) or IBS C, gas, pain within 30mins of eating which takes my breath from gas, bloating, nausea, intermittent rib ache ( feels like a huge bruise or foot stuck under my rib) stomach makig a lot of noise nd often feeling unwell.

My symptoms range from mild, to severe to non existent, back to mild and then relief for weeks, then they creep back.

I have been placed on cat 2 for surgery which is highest after a physical emergency and must be done within 90 days, I have been told its usually a lot quicker than that.

I now face the fear I will end up like a lot on these boards, permanently damaged, expecially as right now all symptoms are minimal and mild/tolerable. I also know the risk it can cause leaving it, so trying to focus on that, so very anxious and worried right now, hoping it goes Ok.

Will let you know when I go in and my recovery after x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck!! I really hope that you get this sorted and can move on with life, I have spoken to many people who have had this procedure, most of them say it is brilliant and they felt immediate effects of wellbeing (obviously after a week or two) and now don't even think about it. Do let us know how you get on and keep a positive outlook.  All the very best.

• Posted

Hi Star,

Boy your symptoms sound just like mine. About 16 months ago I started feeling abit "yukky" in my stomach. Heavy stomach, reflux, indigestion and acid. Doctors prescribed me anti acids but they didn't realy help at all. After a few months I had an "attack" after a meal which caused me stomach and back cramps/pain. I then started having more frequent attacks that make me feel asif someone kicked me really hard in the stomach area, 3 or 4 inches above the navel. I managed to keep most of the attacks at bay by following a very low fat diet. After that I had loads of stomach/intestinal noises which I never had before. Gas,sometimes diahrea or constipation(this caused me an anal fissure). These come and go too, sometimes I feel them for a week, then not for a few days. They found moving stones in my gallbladder to and want me to take mine out as they suspect it's causing my pain. Endoscopy came out clean too. Hope we all get better as living like this is very annoying! It's like you have to put your life "on hold".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.