11 years of anxiety, I thought you could have beaten it by now but no such luck.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone have symptoms and he same as mine? Tingling ( new) in face scalp arms legs ? It's driving me crazy, as soon as I take teva alprazolam it subsides but it comes back after 5-6 hours. It makes me think there must be something wrong with me. I go to see my Dr and he is great and really tries to work with me but must be getting tired of all the tests and worrying I talk with him about.

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's normal! I get tingling in my head fingers mostly everywhere & it scares me but now I know it's part of my anxiety .. If you talk to others who go through it .. That helps a lot because I've learned with anxiety sometimes you can make your symptoms worse
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Nicole. It's good to know I'm not the only person who suffers from this. It's like I think it's under control and then out of nowhere I start getting symptoms, it sucks , I feel as if I'm about to have a breakdown but I dont .
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

See a neurologist if you aren't getting any answers just to rule anything else out .. BUT yes you get all that from anxiety & trust me even tho it's scary & I hate when it happens I have to keep telling myself it's apart of my life .. If I don't think about it it don't happen as much.. You'll b ok you just have to learn to live with it
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have  a neurologist?i get tingling like that but its neuropathy related. Sometimes doctors figure it out, other times they do not and oddly it might be the same medicine to treat it anyway.nworth a visit at best.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I am currently wondering the same thing. This week at my second neurologists appointment he did a nerve conduction test and the muscle conduction test, both normal as was my MRI. I ve had tingling in calves, feet hands and sometimes my whole body feels like it throbs. This has been constant for 4 months, are yours constant? I would have thought tingling that is anxiety related would come and go? Maybe I am wrong? I hope it can ease for us both and anyone else having similar...
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi aleck or, sorry to hear you are going through anxiety, I really know how much it sucks! To answer your question, my tingling does come and go and it stays as long as I am feeling anxious which sometimes all day until I go to bed and fall asleep or at least get too tired to think about it . I'm not sure if it is anxiety or stress because I'm being tested for hypertension right now so it could be both or one or the other .

Hope you can find relief.

Cheers ,

Jay

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get exactly the same and have had it about the same amount of time as you I also get the chest pains and down the left side I had all sorts of test and scans and it's hard not to worry about them but as time has gone by I've found distractions to be a good way to sort it out my music helps alot basically anything that distracts you from thinking about it
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Danny,

The tingling is new for me so now it's just another new symptom to dwell on and feel as though something new is wrong with me. It's like a never ending nightmare, I used to be so strong and full of life but it's starting to take its toll on me. I cant even let myself believe I'm healthy because despite what my mind says or whatever negative test result I get I always feel a new symptom . It's like I feel guilty for being healthy but I can't even believe it.

Whoa is me.

Jay

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean it's just how you think about it even though I know it's my anxiety I can't help but think what if it isn't but the amount of tests I've had is unreal it took three years of hospital trips for all sorts of tests before it was diagnosed with me and I went through the whole what's wrong with me why do I feel like this kinda stage but even when the meds didn't work I persisted and found another way it does still have its bad moments but as long as you know it's your anxiety it's slightly easier also I checked my symptoms on the Internet just to make sure it was my anxiety and that also helps
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lol, checking the Internet is bad news for me!! That's how my anxiety starts because I can't stop surfing the net and looking at it freaks me out with all the bad things it says you could have!! I HATE the Internet but its like a can of coke , it tastes so good but is so bad for you!

(People with anxiety)

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I just check it to reassure myself that it is my anxiety and not something worse that I think it could be thing is I had 3yrs of scans and tests and was all fine it took that long for them to diagnose it but sometimes you can't help but think it's something worse even though you know it's your anxiety plus as you'll probably know it's a hard one to work out as it is essentially all in our head although the symptoms are very real like I said the only thing that's helped me is the distractions as it takes your mind off thinking about it maybe been something worse or or even about whatever your trigger is as most people have certain thoughts of situations that trigger it but as my music is easily accessible through my phone with headphones it's easy to always have and turns out a good distraction but even though it works for me it's not for everyone
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The hard part is working out what works for you and what triggers it but I started by writing it down like what situation I was in and what I was doing and stuff when I got the symptoms and from that kinds worked out what my triggers are and what kind of situations can set it off which also helps because once you know what triggers it and what situations start it you can then start to try and work out how to deal with those things and eventually maybe find something that helps
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up