11th day on mirt.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well know still early days. Stopped venlafaxine on fri so it's only 15 mg of mirt now. Still foggy head and drowsy heavy eyes. Took it at 8.30 last night. Was up later last night so thot would drop of easy but didn't. Am I going to get sleepier if put up to30 mg on fri.?do I keep on with this or change? Not good at decision making at moment. Sorry for the same prattling on.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe in the beginning you will feel sleepier, but after a while the body gets used to the dose and you'll be ok during the day. Just see how you are doing on 15 mg by end of next week and if you are still drowsy, wait another week with upping your dose. Another option would also be to split the 15mg tab in half and go with 15mg + 7.5mg for a while until you go up to 30mg.

• Posted

Hi mermaid thanks for reply. It's this Friday I see doc. I wondered about saying to her about doing 22.5 mg. ( halfing a 15 mg) ? Anybody had benefits from doing this?
  • Posted

Do you know why you are not sleeping? Is it woryy, or something physical? I have found at mirtazapine helps with sleep but if there is somthing really worrying you, it doesn't help at all. When I first started on mirtazapine, I was still taking temazepam at night. It took me a few weeks before I could sleep with mirtazapine alone. Now I do okay but have to take temazepam if something is really worrying me or if I get palpitions. This is probably no more than one or two nights a month.
    • Posted

Hi evergreen. You know think sometimes if overtired takes longer to sleep. Most nights am sleeping ,usually go to bed at 10. Just scary if mirt is upped it will make me more drowsy. Thanks for reply by the way. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.