12 days post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am now 12 days post op, and have had my 2nd physio appointment. First one didn't go that well, only had 50 percent flexion, so it had gone down a lot since leaving hospital. I was a bit deflated on Monday, but yesterday was a new day, so got my personal trainer head on, I'm retired now, got my music out and did all my exercises to music. Well it paid off cos I had 95 percent flexion today, and have graduated from crutches to 2 sticks. Also been to see my doctor who was more than happy to keep me on my pain relief, so am a happy, but sore, bunny today.😃

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well done Diane, that's great progress but just be careful and don't overdo things and get too sore. Keep taking meds and icing and elevating. Keep up the good progress.
    • Posted

I make sure I have my meds, lol, not walking today as I have been to physio, but feel like I am turning a corner now.
    • Posted

I'm 12 weeks and didn't realise how hard it would be. I do feel this week better apart from still wakening a couple times and my knee gets really stiff when i do too much.

I am so glad i got it done bye bye arthritic pain in knee. Now back to work in 2 weeks and then next year do it all over again with other knee!!

Keep us posted on ur progress. Sue x

• Posted

Me too, my right knee is as bad as my left so have to do it all again next year, but at least we will know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Posted

Yes it will be good to get "normal" knees again and able to do things again. Just don't know how work will react to me off again next year but sure!
    • Posted

I could have written this! Haha I'm 11 weeks po. And next yr I'm looking at my left knee getting done. We'll have to have a reunion! Seems alot of us are facing knee #2 next yr! Can only get better!
  • Posted

Hi Diane, that sounds amazing, well done.  I haven't had mine yet, 4 weeks to go, but that sounds incredibly positive after 12 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.