12 days post op total knee replacement. Don't feel good plz help

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had total knee replacement 12 days ago. My doctor put me on percocet, the last dose I took was at 5:30 this morning. I've spent the last couple days feeling very foggy and kind of put of it. I have hardly any strength in my hands, I get dizzy very easily and feel like I'm going to pass out, my heart starts pounding really fast and my ears have been ringing. Physical therapy has been a nightmare, I cannot do straight leg lifts because it hurts too much inside my knee to do them right now. I haven't hardly been out of bed in 2 days because I'm afraid I'll pass out. My eating habits haven't been good since my surgery. Some days I have an appetite and some days I dont. Is any of this normal? Will I be ok or are things going wrong?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There are times when my only consolation for the misery associated with the recovery from TKR, bone on bone, is to remember WHY I had the surgery. I want this TKR to work for you, Istari, and for all of us so BADLY but sometimes we have to "bear it"  and do whatever it takes, if reasonable, to move along with the program of recovery. Drugs, and drugs....I loved the feeling I got from my meds for the first few days, eutophia, la la land. 

Greatly reduced pain but after those first days, the meds seemed to come to a slow down. So what to do? I listened to the advice here on this site. Advice from so many caring folk helping other folk and the answers appear.I'm 101/2 weeks post op and slowly moving along, some days in hi gear. Marge   enjoying the salt life in Florida

• Posted

ITS THE PERCOSET!!!!!!

Drugs r a double edged sword. It is very obvious u do not react well to this drug. I never used it; I knew it would make me sick. No one needs to be sick on top of the surgery pain.!!!! I am not familiar w/narco??

i used codeine, and except for the constipation, I did well.

find what works for you. Good luck☺️

• Posted

I had the same problems with the percoset my doctor changed my medication to loritab and problem went away
  • Posted

You are aware that painkillers are the most sinister villians when it comes to constipation right?  If you are irregular you will feel awfuller than ever...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.