12 month check up (nearly)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Greetings to those who have had and are yet to experience, the rawness of knee replacement surgery.

I saw my surgeon yesterday for my (nearly) 12 month follow up visit. I was asked how I rated my outcome from bilateral total knee replacements on March 21, 2016. I said "left knee 100/100..right knee 60/100. He said "well that's an average of 80% so that's not bad". "Well" I stated, "I am unhappy with the pain in my right knee and I want a solution". He gave me one. Cortisone injections with a risk of infection. "No siree" I said. Thanks but NO THANKS. So I went to a Physio today. He put the TENS machine on my leg and did some massage and now I am walking pain free.

I will try and do whatever I have to to get an optimum result for myself.

Never, ever give up! Kick or be kicked! Do not stop searching for a pain free outcome. I will not stop expecting the best for myself.

Thank you to all those here who have given me such great input. I am hopeful that in 6 months I will be able to walk without feeling pain and feeling weird. Balance is still an issue for me but the pain is diminishing daily.

Have hope. Do the work, exercise. Have faith.

Hugs and love from the Land of Oz.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Will Synvisc help after a TKR?  Don't know.  Some long term tips...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-and-ptsd-569521

Stay strong...it doesn't end with PT.  Heart, mind, body and soul...remember...

• Posted

Thanks Chico. I understand what you mean. But the relief from pain is amazing. I have five physio visits scheduled so I will update regularly. I have been laid low with the tendon pain and just to be able to walk is wonderful.  Look after yourself!
  • Posted

Well done Lyn, glad you've found the way.

Nothing worse than chronic pain.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Tks Marilyn. I agree. Woke up this morning ready to take on all comers. Maybe I will get back to boxing if my GP says it is ok. Best way to strip fat from a body! Have a good one! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.