12 months and 1 day

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

I just thought I'd just pop a quick post on to say I have officially entered my 2nd year of peri menopause today and guess what... I HAVE HAD A NORMAL DAY!!!!!

No aches and pains, no irrational thoughts, no mood swings, nothing and do you know what I know it probably won't last but by God I've appreciated this one day SO much .... I miss me, but I now know I'm still here I'm just sometimes overwhelmed by the symptoms of this stage of life that I lose myself. I will get to the other end of this chapter. Thank you all for your continued support and advice. Love to you all and squishy hugs to anyone having a bad day. Xxx Sheena xxx

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

well done sheena!  It's great when you get the chance to feel like yourself again,even if, as you said, for one day.  You know you are still in there somewhere amongst the madness. Here's to more of them.!  Unfortunately, I've had 7 full bad days together, so hopefully I will get a good day soon.

• Posted

Well I send you lots of positive thoughts and hugs. Here's to a good day soon for you xxx

• Posted

Awwww you are still having a crash time sad I hope that you feel better soon. When you responded to my feeling frazzled post it helped me so much. Thank you for that smile Im praying that you get through this crash time quickly! Take care!

• Posted

it's lifted a little today becky.  It's so exhausting, these hormones, wish they'd just leave me alone once and for all confused

• Posted

Whow food for you Sheena that's amazing! Glad to hear you had full day to enjoy the moment of being you again..may you have many more. Very encouraging there is hope! 😊

• Posted

Sorry meant to say good for your. Ps have you been using anything that you think has helped you?
    • Posted

Thanks. I did start taking vitamin e about 10 days ago along with evening primrose oil don't know if it's that or just a random good day but either way I'll take it haha. Xxx

• Posted

Hooray for you so pleased you had a good day long may it last x

• Posted

Yeah me too but that's the problem you just never know. But today has been good and for that I am thankful xxx

• Posted

Soooooo good to hear!!! Wow you must be feeling so relieved that normality does happen! Yeah! Enjoy enjoy enjoy - gives us all promise that our old selves will come back once in a while and finally for good. Hope it continues for you x
    • Posted

Thanks. It came as a surprise and was wonderful. Long may it continue but I'm not pinning my hopes on it. Tomorrow is a whole new day. Yeah it does give you hope for the future xxx

• Posted

Yay Sheena! Im so happy for you smile Thank you so much for posting and letting us know that there is a light up ahead. I hope that you continue to get your self back everyday smile Big hugs to you and thank you again for your post.

• Posted

Thank you for your kindness. I've had a few "normal" days where I haven't wanted to rip anyone's heads off or burst into tears and hardly no pain, but I've got period due so today I've been a little grumpy and achy. I'll update once that has passed fingers crossed I'm getting my old self back. Squishy hugs sent to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.