12 wk post op back to work tomorrow

Posted , 8 users are following.

My shift starts at 6.45 so will have to be up at 5 to do exercises and get ready for work finish time approx 4.30 ,will keep you all posted off to bed.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Good luck! biggrin

I am sure you will be fine but OMG having to get up at that time!neutral

• Posted

Hi thx for mess got home at 5.45 no rest time found it so hard  body killing me ,hubby had tea ready had bath in bed now with my hot water bottle,l work as a carer my people were so pleased to see me bk they said its felt like a lifetime me being off l felt like a 100 yr old .
    • Posted

Aww blingbling it sounds very hard! I used to be a Registered Nurse but packed it in a few years ago now so I can imagine what your day back at work was like. Lovely your people were so happy to see you back though!

You were missed from the sound of it! biggrin

• Posted

Hope everything goes well. Regards Jannette
    • Posted

Hi Jannette, Very hard day demanding got home later than expected 5.45 in bed now body wrecked.
    • Posted

Oh dear feel so sorry for you. I care for my 95 year old mother with dementia and of

dementia and other health problems. She had to go into respite

for 11 weeks until I could look after her again after my tkr. I have help to get her

up on a morning and bed at night and I know how hard you carers

work. Please take care and try not to overdo things. All the best

Jannette

• Posted

Hi Jannette,l have cared for my mum until she died at 96 luckily she did not have denentia,l have looked after many dementia patients over my 25 yrs in care and l know only too well how hard it is l love my job and found it very hard leaving people l care for to have my TKR they cried l cried l promised l would be bk,and today  how hard it was it was so humbling to see these same crying with joy when l walked in. Thx for your comments unfortunately in recent times careers have been in the public eye for the wrong reasons as long as people realise not to  judge the majority by the minority who choose to abuse their positions ,thx
  • Posted

Wow.....good luck....I be back to work in May....did surgery January

I hope all goes well

• Posted

Good luck, if you can take short rests, do so. It is very important as the first few weeks will wipe you out x
    • Posted

Hi What a day got on exercise cycle at 5  for a mile then down more exercises to loosen up,started 6.45 working in the community no chance to rest was running a bit later as l was taking it very easy,got home 5.45 had tea ,bath now in bed every muscle hurts, new day tomorrow it was lovely to see my clients been looking after some of them for many years they cried when l walked in so in the end the pain was worth it ,thx for comments
    • Posted

good for you to remember to take care of yourself like tea, bath and bed!! It's great that your job has it's rewards. tks for sharing

• Posted

I went back at 12 weeks on phased return to work but still found it tiring. Good luck, move around so you don't get stiff and elevate if you can.
    • Posted

Hi what a day shattered,l do nothing but move around looking after others in the community,no chance to rest or elevate .went on exercise bike at 5am then did other exercises,started 6.45 fin got home 5.45  had tea ,bath now am in bed in agony every muscle hurts,even so my job of 25 yrs is rewarding and to see everyone so happy to see me bk well what can l say.
    • Posted

When you are visiting, sit down, even if is is fore 5 minutes. Cut out or down your daily exercises and incorporate them into your work, (bending, heel to toe walking) Also are your shoes "soft". Wearing shoes that have the soft rubber on the heels make a huge difference. I know it does not last as long as the more popular harder rubber, but from an impact point of view...... It's not the same as putting an extra layer of insole, unless it is one of the newly advertised ones. 
  • Posted

Good luck with your return to work 
    • Posted

thx shattered in bed now a full day every bone in my body hurts,you just don't realise l am used to doing 12 hr shifts been working in the community for 25 yrs but today l really felt it ,l put on my happy face because everyone was so pleased to see me but inside l was hurting once a few hrs had past,by the time l got home l could just about take my uniform off,ate my tea bath then bed,thx again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.