12th day of increase to 100mg from 50mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I increased my dose of sertraline 12 days ago from 50 to 100 wasnt doing too bad not as bad as i thought it would be anyway.But this morning woke up with tension in chest worse than usual anxiety and a little nauseous is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't take antidepressants, but had tried 3 different ones and the anxiety at a low dose they gave me was unbelievable. They gave me tightness in chest and panic attacks and gastric distress, My doctor told me to stick it out for a few more weeks, but there was just no way..

• Posted

what kind of gastric issues did you have?

i am struggling terrible on sertraline x

• Posted

I had upset stomach and diarrhea, I thought perhaps the tightness in chest was from the terrible anxiety the drugs have me, but it could have been acid reflux. Do these drugs help you in any way?

• Posted

they have helped my anxiety but the stomach gas issues have knocked me off my feet. constant gas and acid reflux.

i suffer with diviculitis anyway but never felt do poorly x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.