13 weeks post TKR and back pain worse than knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya,

I'm having more trouble with my back particularly on the same side as my operated knee I can only think it has to do with me previously limping ....I'm seeing an osteopath this afternoon to try and sort it ..does anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's early days yet and you will get all sorts of other pains as you recover. If you ever do?

I am nearly two years down the line and am having to go into hospital again to have my patella resurfaced.

It's been an absolute nightmare and i wished I'd never had it done.

• Posted

Hi Mary

There is so many different stories on this forum some good and some not so good ...I'm presuming your going in hospital to have the other knee done ? X

• Posted

Hi I had back problems before tkt and it has made it worse pain everywhere shoot me please x
    • Posted

Hi Suki

Yes I know what you mean ....I think I'm taking the pain relief for the back rather than the knee...I went to the hydrotherapy pool this morning and followed the exercise sheet for both back and knee lol...I'm hoping my osteopath will be able to do something this afternoon..fingers crossed ....I'm working full time and it's not easy 😕

• Posted

Wow Penny you’re working well done you. Saw my physio this morning and he did some heat treatment on my knee but after that he more or less said one day I’ll wake up and the pain will be less. I’ve had lots go wrong like infection in my knee and blood transfusions in hospital this has put my recovery back. Never mind I’ll look back on this one day and it will all be better xxxx
  • Posted

The side of your pain doesn't matter.  You've probably "thrown your back out"...or hips...or SI joints...or whatever.  We all unconsciously change out gait when we have pain.  This causes a misalignment of one or more things in your hip/back.  Quick fix: chiropractor.  No drugs!!!  A couple of sessions a week for a few weeks and you'll be fine.  Very common.  Be thankful it hasn't caused sciatica which is also very common but way more painful.

• Posted

I had both back and shoulder pains for a month or so, a few months after the op, but went away after a couple of months. I think just body adjusting maybe?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.