14 weeks post op update.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and making good progress.

I am now 14 weeks post op and have completed my 3 Rd week back at work.

Still only doing my 2 x 5 hour shifts and no overtime, but finding that is more than enough. Still taking a couple of days to recover.

Had my return to work discussion which went very well and they are happy to accommodate my needs in the longer term. That is to split my shifts so I don't spend too long on my feet or too long packing at the till. Theit are other ladies already doing the same thing.

However both Monday shifts gave ended up on checkout packing for full shifts ( think when busy they forget but been told to rind them) so will do that next week. Anyway can't walk about every hour but have been standing up for 10/15 mins every hour to get a break from sitting. Always feel better after my break for a while.

Started using vagifem end of last week, think it takes a while to kick in, hope it will thicken my internal walls enough to allow ongoing repair of deeper tissues.

Doing lots of pelvic floor exercises all the time. Back swimming again even if it's just once a week. Doing more regular household chores (only after I've recovered from 2 days work) more often but still resting up lots too.

Sometimes I worry and think I should have took longer off work ( immediately after doing my 2 days of sifts at work) and sometimes I think that it's OK and I'm recovering from my 2 shifts quicker than the week before. Anyhow time will tell.

Internal swelling does seem to go up and down slightly; when it goes down can still feel rough tissue higher up, but when swelling goes up a little ( bulgy) , can't access rough tissue. So assume that I must be overdoing things when swelling goes up a little.

So maybe a reminder by my body that I still need to be very careful not to overdo things!

Look after yourself,

Lots of healing hugs

Phyl x💖

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Phyl,

Lovely to hear from you, sounds like you are doing so well and listening to your body and it's needs.

I wish I could say the same at the moment, I'll a make a new post as i think i need some extra support. as im lacking info on my procedure.

keep up those post and I hope you keep making such good progress.

lots of love Mik x

• Posted

Thank you Mik,

If there's anything I can help with ask away? And of course Matron is such a great source of info especially with regard to anything surgical. Thank goodness for this forum, long may it last.

Hope you find advise you are looking for and everything sorts itself out.

Look after yourself

Phyl x💖💖💖

• Posted

Thank you Phyl always appreciate your advice, Ive put a post up but im not sure anyone can help as not many people have had the 2nd procedure i had. info is limited.

Just wish it wasnt so painfull, still not doing any hoovering/ironing etc, family have been fab and so helpful which i am very grateful for

The only thing that doesnt hurt is swimming, so thats what i am doing this afternoon, as you know it also chases the blues away. thank goodness

Thank you for your support 

Mik xx

• Posted

It's months for a full recovery I have been told Phyl. I am not planning to go back to work before 12 weeks. I am office bases but run around chasing things all day and rhey rely on me to.movw printing paper etc. I also have an hour and half journey each way standing up on thw London underground. I may consider working from home part time after 10 weeks but will take advice fro occupational.health. You take it easy and don't forget to remind them you can't sit or stand for long periods. X
    • Posted

Like you Rita, have an hour and a half travel on public transport, poor hubby running me back and forward, but only takes 30/40 mins there and back in car.

I did not have a good experience with occupational health! She insisted that I'd be spruced to know that I could go back to work at 3 to 4 weeks and that I could resume normal activities. She even quoted a Royal College of obstricians and gynecology Internet address.

Thank goodness it was not my first repair and having this forum helped too remind me that that is not the case. Without past experience and this forum would have went back thinking I was at it.

However my actual employer, (all the managers, team leaders and collegues) have been wonderfull.

My Sunday is very good, team leader in charge is always really good and makes sure I get checkout about half way through my shift so I get a seat.

On Mondays unfortunately they have forgot to pull me of checkout to get a rest from packing and to be on feet for a whole. But spoke to section leader at return to work meeting and she said she'd remind them but to make sure and say to them too.

Feel like I'm just annoying them but section leader said 'no at all' and other ladies in same situation too so they are use to working around needs of colleuges.

Thank goodness they are prepared to do this, still finding it difficult to get through the shift though. I suppose that after all these weeks doing nothing much it will take time for body to adjust to being back at work.

I think that if you can then working from home sounds like a great idea and will allow you some control over how much you do and when you do it. That way you can build up slowly until back to normal.

I sincerely hope that your OH appointment goes far better than mine. I think mine is the exception to the rule, and I do hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Take care,

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Well done Phyl, lovely to hear how you are progressing, and an inspiration to others who are maybe having darker days. Try to be firm with your employer, they will forget (after all it's not their pelvic floor is it!). The Vagifem will take at least 30 days to start to do its work, so be patient, you'll feel more comfortable I'm sure.

Thinking of you, well done with your pelvoc floor exercises.

S

• Posted

Thank you Stephanie,

Finding it so much easier to do PF ex... now so the muscles must be regaining their strength.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Lovely to read your updates phyl. You give so much reassurance and hope to all the ladies on the forum. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you Matron,

Doing my updates helps me to compare with week or two before and let's me see how much I've improved, and keeping up with forum keeps me in check just incase I overdo thinks. It would be so easy to just get on with things and forget that deep tissues still healing.

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Oh thank you for the update and well done Phyl
    • Posted

Thank you Gillingham,

Hope you are continuing to recover too!

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Sorry 'gillian' predictive text is so annoying!
    • Posted

Yes feeling lots better then today haven't pooed and feeling the strain of it x
    • Posted

I still get odd day here and there, try to make sure I eat plenty fruit, veg and wholemeal and end up too soft then have to switch to toasting white bread, then end up not being able to go.

I get worried incase I have problems at work and then end up unable to go to toilet then I overdo the roughage when shifts are by.

It's difficult trying to get a balance after months of trying to avoid any accidents!

X

• Posted

Hi, I could feel some pressure today but been now just a bit sore now, I have taken poo softness for over 12 month off and on but I can not get a balance.
    • Posted

I assume that once back to normal daily activities and not having to rest so much BMS should be back to normal, my normal would be once a day in the morning but at moment going twice a day.

I weaned off the lactose between week 6 onwards, as I didn't want to be taking it while working in public at the checkout, not when it makes you so windy (it's so smelly too)!

Can always fall back on it between shifts if I need to.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Have cut out chocolate too as I think that wasn't helping with either problem !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.