14 weeks post op update.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and making good progress.

I am now 14 weeks post op and have completed my 3 Rd week back at work.

Still only doing my 2 x 5 hour shifts and no overtime, but finding that is more than enough. Still taking a couple of days to recover.

Had my return to work discussion which went very well and they are happy to accommodate my needs in the longer term. That is to split my shifts so I don't spend too long on my feet or too long packing at the till. Theit are other ladies already doing the same thing.

However both Monday shifts gave ended up on checkout packing for full shifts ( think when busy they forget but been told to rind them) so will do that next week. Anyway can't walk about every hour but have been standing up for 10/15 mins every hour to get a break from sitting. Always feel better after my break for a while.

Started using vagifem end of last week, think it takes a while to kick in, hope it will thicken my internal walls enough to allow ongoing repair of deeper tissues.

Doing lots of pelvic floor exercises all the time. Back swimming again even if it's just once a week. Doing more regular household chores (only after I've recovered from 2 days work) more often but still resting up lots too.

Sometimes I worry and think I should have took longer off work ( immediately after doing my 2 days of sifts at work) and sometimes I think that it's OK and I'm recovering from my 2 shifts quicker than the week before. Anyhow time will tell.

Internal swelling does seem to go up and down slightly; when it goes down can still feel rough tissue higher up, but when swelling goes up a little ( bulgy) , can't access rough tissue. So assume that I must be overdoing things when swelling goes up a little.

So maybe a reminder by my body that I still need to be very careful not to overdo things!

Look after yourself,

Lots of healing hugs

Phyl x💖

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Phyl, aww thanks for the update, great to hear your doing so well xxx Great to hear you are not taking any nonsence with them at work, how soon they would forget about your needs.  

I echo your concern ref going back to work as I am so exhausted when I get back home.  I started back part time last week 2.5 days I'm a week ahead of you in my recovery.  I spend the rest of the week resting up, but do fit in pelvic floor daily and aqua aerobics.

I hope to continue to build my strenght up to get back to normal.  My post op check is 20 June so I will be glad when I have had one.  Such a long time to wait.

Best wishes Sue x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is very exhausting, and household chores go to pot for both working days and at least 2 more after that, then I go swimming and need to recover from that, then I say I need a day to rest up to prepare for back at work.

Hubby fed up with me now!

I do manage to keep up with small washing loads, hover/mop living room, empty bins/recycling, tidy-up, make beds, load dishwasher, clean kitchen tops, clean toilet bowl and sink. That's about it. They all have to deal with anything else, it's all too much.

It's been too hot as well this weather is great when on holiday at the beach or poolside but very dry heat in this country!

That's my moan for today ! Glad to hear that your are doing well and making good progress! We will probably look back in a month's time and be glad it's all behind us!

Take care, plenty rest and look after yourself.

Phyl x💖

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's deffo tough going, that's for sure.  You are doing amazing.  Aww thank you I am trying to look after myself but I'm afraid I'm a bit like you always on the go.  I do try to slow down and rest though.

Thank you Phyl, remember to carry on looking after you too.  Very best wishes xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good to hear from you Phyl. Your employers sound as though they are looking after you, remember to take your breaks! Well done 😀 X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, my colleges have been very supportive, only get my 1x15 min break as usual. I am managing fairly well. If on checkout I try and remember to stand up ror a little while every hour.

How are you? Hope all is well and still progressing!

Phyl x☺

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up