15 months post TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, I'm new to this forum and would love some advice please as you all seem so friendly and helpful - it's been 15 months since had right knee replaced and although my knee still gives me pain I'm a bit concerned that over the last few days I have intense pain running down outside of knee and it feels stiff and heavy as it did after initial surgery - any thoughts anyone?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wow ... I'm new myself to the forum and only 5 weeks after my op so not sure what that could be but everyone on this forum are very friendly and have good advice so I'm sure someone out there will be able to help. Xx
    • Posted

Hi clarkey, I have had some good advise and intend to follow it and your right everyone on this forum are extremely friendly and helpful, ope all continues well for you xx
  • Posted

Time for a visit to the consultant perhaps?  I do hope it clears up for you soon . . At 9 weeks, and not sure what your problem could be. 
    • Posted

Hi martinarvelo, I'm going to get it checked out and will keep everyone posted, thank you for your advise and hope your knee heals well
  • Posted

Hi Jayne. I'm just over 7 months and although most of the time the knee is ok, I still get pain now and again.  If this pain is continuous or quite often, I'd get it checked - if only to put your mind at rest.  Unfortunately none of us really know what's going on inside this new joint so maybe an X-ray could clear it up.  Good luck love and I hope it all goes well for you xxx
    • Posted

thank you Ruby, I'm going to get it checked out as this evening it has got a large swelling down the side. I hope your knee continues to heal and the pain subsides, I'll post when I get some news xx
  • Posted

Hi Jayne

I'm almost 8 months - TKR on right knee as well. I'm glad you are getting it checked out, as that does not seem normal at your stage.

Please do let us know what you find out!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Betty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.