15 weeks on 20 mg.........too high?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi there

been 15 weeks & thought i was coming out the tunnel, how can you start to feel ok then get a bolt of panic that rocks you!!!

im not depressed its all anxiety & panic!

got home from work & fallen apart!

this forum is so good for advice

peace x

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

oh yes its very possible. it happened to me for a good 6 months. Try cutting down to 17.5

• Posted

hi will

how did you feel on 20 mg?

were you on it for long?

its so difficult to know what to do

i ll get a wave of panic for a second or so then try to bounce myself back to the here & now! boy its tough

i find if i dont think about it & analyze every little emotion i feel then im a little towards being ok!

when im at work im pritty ok, its when i get home i struggle

are you good?

peace x

• Posted

Hey Rob,

I'm on 10 mg and doing well. Put headphones on and listen to music and escape. Ive been on this since Jan 2018.

Will

• Posted

20mg was just too high for me, and I gave it plenty of time to work. I was on it for about 6-7 months. I decided despite what my doctor recommended that it was making me feel worse so I cut myself back ( I am not suggesting anyone else do it) to 15mg and almost right away I noticed a positive change! And within a week I was out doing things that I haven't done in years and got my emotions back that I lost over that 7 months after starting it. Now, if it was up to my doctor he would have me on 40mg but I told him how I felt and what I thought was best for me and he said I can only suggest to you, you know your body better then anyone and let me stick with it. I'm glad I did now. I was in such a funk I thought I would never feel better or normal again.

So to those who are discouraged, these meds do level things out in your mind back to normal, they do work! It's just finding the right dose to balance you.

Also, from all that I've read and researched, it seems a lower dose for anxiety, and a higher dose for depression. I had anxiety, never really had depression so for me that turned out to be correct and as far as others have posted that actually take the meds it was right for them too!

• Posted

Its so hard not to want to change something when you dont feel like its working. Its like putting the pills in my mouth gives me anxiety, because I feel like they make me feel worse. 10 weeks on 30 and 16 weeks total. I was so hopeful to be feeling some relief by now.

• Posted

Totally understand, thats why I went through 6 months of the 20mg waiting for it to work, and I just felt worse. So I did reduce and so glad I did!

• Posted

hi grounded

thanks for reply

its been 16 weeks & funnily enough i had a great morning at work, grest because i wasnt scared, quite chilled out & normal, then about 3 pm onwards.....CRASH!!!!.....felt horrendous, i really dont understand, i really really want to drop to 15 but im going on holiday with my family in 6 weeks & im worried ill be a mess for then!

part of me is saying ' go for it!!!'

this evening i felt so confused & out of shape.....im trying really hard being mindful etc, i read the comments of encouragement but still carnt help how i feel

did you have any relief grounded over that 6-7 month period?

• Posted

The relief I had was my anxiety and panic attacks were gone, but so were all of my emotions and I started to have DP/DR and intrusive thoughts, and just felt weird, I thought it would eventually ease up and get better but it didn't it continued on the entire time. Once I decreased though my emotions started to come back and I felt actually good, and not just for a period of time throughout the day but all day, and for days in a row. I'd say after a week or so I have way more good days, and the bad ones are nothing compared to what I did feel like. I do have normal anxiety now but I don't need to take benzo's for it so that is a great thing!

• Posted

When during the six months did the anxiety ease? Four months in and mine is only worse.

Rob, Im the opposite. Mornings I think Im going nuts, then on good days, it goes away after about 2. The last week, though, its stuck around all day!

• Posted

Around 10 weeks I'd say the anxiety and panic attacks started to get better. But after reading through my journal I had morning anxiety still up until around 5 months. I kept a journal I would write in every night while taking this so I could actually remember what I went through, and when things started to change, and how I felt. It really did help when you can look back and say 'wow I only had a couple bad days this week' and you can see the progress. It seems when you have a really bad day, or days we tend to forget about the good ones.

• Posted

yeah. ive kept a journal and a graph ranking my days 1-10. its helpful for sure.

• Posted

I swear it feels like im getting worse. anxiety higher and staying around all day, stomach a wreck, low mood. i think my mood is due to the helpless feeling of my anxiety not improving. My anxiety could be worsening bc I am gearing up to go on family vacation next week, but this sucks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.