15 weeks post op!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and almost back to normal routine.

I am now 15 weeks post op, have been back at work for 3 and a half weeks now; getting easier every week!

Unfortunately my Sunday shift was really difficult and painful as I was on my feet for 4 hours including 1 x 15 min break, so did not get a checkout till last hour. Lower back was in agony.

Team leader could not put me on till any earlier as there was no-one else who could cover selfscan area.

Spoke to manager on Monday and she said if that happens too borrow a chair from restaurant and have a seat when quiet; far better than leaning on basket shelf which is not very appropriate.

Had a raging cold, started last week, always end up with a bad cough; pelvic floor very tender was worried about doing damage. Just starting to dry-up now but pelvic floor feels like it's been sandpapered, still feels really tender. Been really difficult trying to do pelvic floor exercises this week, must have weakened pelvic floor with all the coughing and nose blowing. Missed swimming too last week, hopefully get back on track end of this week.

Glad I didn't cancel my holidays now as feel I am still healing in deeper tissues and feel I need the break specially if work is making less allowances. ( still on checkout on Mondays for full 5 hours with only 1x 15 min break, so finding it hard with constant packing) . Any way heading off to Grand Canadian a week on Monday, booked our seats, checked in and printed boarding passes, so getting excited now!

Hopefully will benefit from having long break from work and allow a little more healing, been constantly throbbing sick last shift!

Look after yourself and plenty resting especially in early months.

Phyl x☺💖

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry 'Gran Canaria ' and meant ' throbbing since last shift'.
  • Posted

Lovely to hear how you're doing as always phyl. Have a lovely time in Gran Canaria, I love it there xx
    • Posted

Thank you Matron, my first time in Gran Canaria, so hope I'm up to a little exploring.

Meant to ask, does the vagifem break down and absorb 'slowly' and do you think that 1x 3 month will be enough or after a break will benefit from some more?

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Gran Canaria will be lovely a warm phyl, you'll enjoy it. That last time we were there was for New Year 2 years ago and it was warm and sunny then. Vagifem dissolves overnight and by the next morning it should be completely absorbed. If you're using it for vaginal atrophy then it's usually prescribed to be used twice a week after the initial 2 weeks where it's used every day. Is that what you're prescribed it for phyl?
    • Posted

I asked for it when I heard about it on this forum! I wondered about absorption as when inserting one wondered what the thick white creamy stuff was on the stick used to insert the tablet. Thought it should have disowned by next one!

Phyl x

• Posted

Meant disolved by next one!
    • Posted

I don't usually see any remains phyl to be honest and I thought it would have dissolved by the time you need your next dose. Are you sure you haven't got a bit of thrush?
    • Posted

You can have it without symptoms if it's mild but itchy vulval area is a symptom 
    • Posted

Colour is more white than creamy, by creamy I meant thick, sorry! Never was very good at vocabulary.
    • Posted

So it does sound like the remains of the pessary. Are you managing to put it high into the vagina?
    • Posted

Instruction said to insert at least three quarters of applicator in (as far as you can or until you can't go any further. I'm sure it's getting g just short of three quarter mark. It gets quite painful if I try to get it in any further, still a little bulge on lower front wall but just by that can fell rougher wall that feels like where stitches were. Surely it us getting by the bulge bit!
    • Posted

It's puzzling phyl because it should dissolve with your body heat. You'll still be getting the hormone where it's needed. I don't notice any still not dissolved the next morning but to be honest I haven't looked but next time I use one I'll look carefully and let you know.
    • Posted

OK, thats good still getting hormone where it's needed then. Not sure how quickly it's meant to work, and I'm probably over optimistic but I'm sure my walls are thickening up already!

Thank again Matron, you have put my mind at rest.

phyl x☺

• Posted

I started to use it to strengthen the vaginal wall in March 6 years ago and by the July my Urogynaecologist was happy to repair both of my prolapse so in those 4 months there was improvement but he recommended I continued using it which I still am.
    • Posted

As long as I have no bad side effects I will continue with it for now, with exception of a break every few months. It is good to be aware if I ever need a repair in far off future that I can use this to thicken walls up before surgery and for a while after!

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Hi Phyl, know what you mean about the white sticky stuff, I get exactly the same .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.