16 and lump in breast that gets tender around period and veins are visible? Should I be worried?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ever since last month I noticed a lump in my boob around my period, my Mum said it was just hormones so we didn't make an appointment for the doctor as we believed it would go away after my period. I thought it had but then I realised it never went away, it just wasn't painful anymore since my period was over. I thought it could be serious but Mum reassured me it wasn't anything too serious. However, this month it's painful and you can see the veins surrounding my nipple. Is this something sinster or is it just as my Mum said, absolutely normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What does the lump feel like? (Is it hard, squishy, moveable etc)
    • Posted

It is really hard and quite big. It's moveable when I'm not on my period however when I'm due on, it becomes less moveable around my boob.

• Posted

Hmm.. I've never really heard of that before. It may be fat tissue or, yes, period-related, but just to be safe you should bring it up with your mom again and possibly have a doctor check it out. Don't stress too much over it, though. I've seen somewhere that more than 80% of breast lumps are benign (noncancerous) and you're still only a teen, after all. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you, I will try and get a doctors appointment to get it checked out as soon as possible. You're reply has really helped me calm down a bit as well smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.