16 Fays on the pills

Posted , 6 users are following.

Thought I was getting better by the end of the second week, but the last 5 days been feeling really low again. Not emotional anymore. No tears or crying. Just empty, tummy in knots, and low. Was prescribed 10mg citalorpram. Think I may be needing a stinger dose, or is it too early to tell? X

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

16 Days that should say (grrr).
  • Posted

Antidepressants usually take 4-6 weeks to build up to a therapeutic level. I would try to give it a little longer, but it wouldn't hurt if you asked your doctor for their opinion.x
  • Posted

Hi, it's to early yet too feel any difference, you just have to wait til the meds ate in your system. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Fay,

As the others have mentioned the medication can take several weeks to take full effect, in the mean time try some relaxation exercises such as yoga or meditation he help you feel in control, CBT is also useful I bought a CBT workbook on Amazon which was really good

Stay strong and keep in touch

• Posted

Thanks all for the replies. I've got my review with the Dr booked in on the 8th June. That just seems an awful long way away at the moment. In the meantime I'll keep my chin up and muster on.
  • Posted

Anti depressants often make us feel worse when we first take them, and then after about 6 weeks you should begin to feel batter.  They all take a few weeks to work. 

Your body is getting used to the medication.  Sometimes they also take away our emotions.  I found that.  I was suprised how blunted they had been.  It may be that you need a larger dose but only your doctor would be able to advise you on that.

• Posted

i felt better the first week, i think iits because i went to drs and got the help it seemed to calm me for a few days, tummy knots are the worst, hopefully as the time goes by the tabs will start to work...

Stacey

• Posted

Thanks guys. Day 18 today, and mentally a little bit better, though I did have to have a siesta this afternoon. Maybe turning a corner. X
    • Posted

Hi ELR,

firstly let me apologise for calling you Fay in an earlier post, I misread your original post. Secondly a Hugh congratulations on your progress, it is so nice to read on here when people make progress no matter how great. It is inspiring and motivational to us all, please keep strong, use your strength and know we are here for you.

David

• Posted

Definitely noticing a trend on the meds after drinking. Feeling very spaced today, but I was out last night for dinner and drinks for my partners birthday. I was the same on Saturday after a colleagues retirement party on Friday. Lesson to self..... Hold off the booze.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.