16 weeks post goll bladder surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all!  its val again!  I  would like to thank all those people who replied to me recently.  still very undecided as to whither i  should go out for a  meal with my hubby and 2  other friends, as i  don't know what best to eat!  I  don't have the diarhoe all the time, but my stools are very loose, and am going very frequently.  scared to eat anything incase i  get the nosea and bloating.  so glad i'm not alone re my fear of vomiting, and will do anything to avoid this.  by the way, to the lady who asked about the soup i  had on Tuesday, it was a  beef broth.  the only thing i  can think of which might have triggered the bloating diharho plus nosea, was that i  had a  chicken with a  sauce which might have had cream in it.  if i  do go 2morrow, what will it be safe for me to eat?  i'm so scared its unbelievable!  (and believe me, i'm not a  wimp!)  hope some of you reply to me again, as its so nice to know there's someone out there for you!  hope you all get better soon.  Val.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would have a good grilled Salmon steak. It is full of omega 3 and has less mercury. A good baked potato. Sweet tea is good for us that experience diarrhea. That is just my suggestion. I went out with my sister and her husban the other day for his birthday and had a grilled peppered staek, a baked sweet potato with just cinnamon and a dish of yogurt and blueberries and sweet tea w/lemon. I had NO diarrhea, bloating and I was so happy. Let me know what you do and what you eat. lol
  • Posted

Hi val I would stick to very plain food. Beef broth is probably fatty too. Stick to mash potatoes plain fish or chicken or turkey. Don't eat any red meat as fatty. Also no tomatoes or salads or green veg for now just in case. I am living on puréed carrots parsnips and turnips at the moment as well as Turkey, chicken and fish and boiled rice, bananas are also good. Also be careful of dessert especially dairy based. If your near a drugstore (if your in the US) please get yourself caltrate calcium tablets 600 plus vitamin d. They will definitely help you and calcium is good for all of us women! Take half a pill 3 times a day for a few days and see if you notice a difference. If after a few days there's no improvement increase the dosage to 1 full tablet 3 times a day. Also take them with food. They are definitely worth a try and won't do you any harm. If I can help in anyway just message me here. I know what your going through. The very best of luck and remember avoid dairy fatty creamy and spicey food for now. X
    • Posted

Hi acijohnson!  Thanks so much for your reply.  i've taken note of everything, and am going to try and get some of these pills.  as i  live in the uk, i  suppose i'll be able to buy these over the counter.  i'll let you know how things go, and thanks again for all the help and support.  hope you get better soon.  please keep in touch.  Val.  xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Valerie yes you can get them in your local pharmacy or maybe boots. They do really help the diarrhea. Enjoy you meal tonight. Hopefully another 6-8 weeks I'll be able to do the same! Good luck and let us know how you get on. X
  • Posted

Hi 

my hubby has IBS in fact I am wondering if he has bile salt malabsorption as he always has diarrhea since child hood. Anyway his gp prescribes mebeverine he takes he half an hour before he eats only when we go out for a meal and it stops the bloating stomach cramps and D. As there is nothing worse when u r out than rushing for the loo. It has worked and he can now relax when we go out instead of always leaving early. 

See your gp ... You may be pleasantly surprised 

enjoy your meal 

sally 

• Posted

Hi Sally!  Thanks so much for your help.  i'll remember that.  will let you know how things go.  Val.
  • Posted

Nothing I can add Val just try and relax try not to stress because that can bring D on, enjoy and let us all know how it went xxxxx
    • Posted

Hi Sandynan!  Thanks so much.  i've decided to go out 2night, but trying not to panic, but as you've got the same fear as i, and like me have had this since childhood, you'll understand how i  feel.  will let you know how things go, and would like you to keep in touch via the group.  take care, and thanks again.  Val.  xxxxx
    • Posted

Yes would love to keep in touch Val not very often you come across people with same phobia, have great night out xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Angela!  Thanks so much for being so good as to get in touch.  i've decided to go out with my hubby and friends 2night, and have taken everything you've said on board.  will let you know how things go.  Val.
    • Posted

Please let me know what you order to eat and how it affects your system! I am always tring to put the right foods together to lose weight and have less GI problems. Hope you have a marvelous time!!!  lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.