16 weeks still feeling agoraphoby

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I'm using Citalopram 20mg for 16 weeks now, I feel much better from my mood, i dont feel angry or sad, I don't feel axiety at home, BUT my agoraphoby outside is so big that i can't go even to visit my doctor or to shop or anywhere. Before I was taking Paroxetine and propranolol and i felt better but was feeling stronger side effects, so what do you think people, try to stay on Cit and take with them Propranolol or better stop Cit and try other AD? Any help?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was on Paroxetine for a few years and found them to be very effective and quick to work. My GP wouldnt give me them this time as theyre hard to come off. I started on Citalopram in July for severe anxiety and depression and things improved but really slow. It wasnt intil mid October that I was really firing on all cylinders so to speak. Id give them a bit longer and dont forget there is always the option to up the dose.

Are you receiving any counselling for your agrophobia? AD's are good but cant solve everything.

Xc

• Posted

Yes they are very effective and I was not feeling almost nothing when I was coming off, only in the mean time had some strange feelings, I thought they not fit to me, but after Cit I can say it was not so bad :D No at the moment all time i spend at home and can't meet counselor. I'm trying walkman every day longer distance but it's not helping. Thanks!
  • Posted

Hi. I ended up going back to the docs on week 16 I also was on 20mg I found my anxiety was still slightly there and had a couple of migrAnes within the 16 weeks I'm now on amitriptyline 10mg Aswell as the cit 20mg I feel loads better and I'm sleeping better. X
  • Posted

I'm sorry. This is not really related to your post but noticed you took paroxetine. I'm on it now for depression and have been on it for 3 weeks exactly. The first two weeks I felt like I was getting better but since last Monday I've felt as if I'm starting over and still depressed up and down. Is this normal?
    • Posted

For me first few weeks was very dificult time, like brain zaps and etc. it's very early time for you, give more time and i believe everything will be alright, wish you all the best. Don't forget in the mornings go to gym or at home! Just medications will not fix you, special depresion smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.