16 wks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, it's been a few weeks since i've posted on this site so i thought i'd just give you an update on how thing are going for me.  I'm 16 weeks post op and started back into phased work 2 wks ago. Everything is going well, I still have a lot of stiffness but have been told that this should get better by about 6 - 8 months post op.  Just before going back into work i started experiencing pain in the sole and heel of my foot, some days i could hardly put any weight on it but i found out that if you fill an old squash or pop bottle with water and freeze it you can then roll your foot back and fore over the bottle and this greatly reduces the pain, i just thought i'd share this in case anyone else has the same problem.  As so many people have talked about  the recovery from this op  is so long and you really feel you will never get back to fitness, but with a lot, and i mean a lot of patience and PT you will come out on the other side and the feeling of walking pain free is wonderful.  I wish you all a full recovery and i hope i'll be able to post again in a few months with another update.

Take care

Therese

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear things are going well for you in your recovery!

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing!

Getting rid of the PAIN is a true GIFT, isn't it?!!

The pop bottle exercise sounds like a good one! I lift my toes and then put them down again as I practice my bending while seated. Will add the pop bottle exercise, too!

Thanks!

• Posted

Thank you for this encouraging update!  So many others problems can occur as we heal our new knees...we must take care of our whole body.  Not easy......
  • Posted

Therese

I am 14 weeks post op had both knees done same time I will go back to work on mother's day ( busiest day in a restaurant ) I won't be doing my old job but i will be soon. Thanks for the tip on the water bottle I have had much pain in my right foot hope you keep doing great smile

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am 5 weeks post op and was wondering if you had problems with calf pain. Think I'm going to make a list from everyone's input so I know what is possible to expect.
    • Posted

Same PO as you....and yes to calf pain. Going to ask my PT tomorrow.

I think pain anywhere on the leg can be expected.  Our recovery gait probably a big factor would be my guess........

• Posted

Im going to see if I can get a good massage at pt though it'll probably be more like long stretches and marching.. Lol! Was just difficult to do at home pt
    • Posted

Haven't heard much good about home PT.  

Heard about a friend today who fired home PT after first visit ( she's 1 wk PO) ......told them not to come back.  I sure hope she has a back up plan!

• Posted

My home therapist was amazing. We went through all the excercises you can imagine. ( between her and my outpatient therapists I have 20) to do twice a day plus walking and doing stairs. My O.P.T. was very pleased at what I had learned in the home in my first 2 weeks po

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.