17 days off mirtazipine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been off mirt for 17 days now and still feeling really poorly was great the first 4 days then bam insomnia can't eat feel very groggy no energy nausea and very weak occasionally dizzy racing thoughts very anxious anyone know how long this will last my last dose was 15mg every other night for a month as that's what my gp recommended anyone who can offer me advice will be greatly appreciated I'm also taking 10mg of propanol 3 times a day which should be helping with anxiety!! Vitamin b complex is the other I'm taking thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi linzi im on almost 2 month of mirtazapine it does get crazy with the symptoms but there is hope hang in there, you will be fine...eat every two hours and stay hydrated...chamomille tea is helpful the darker the better with lots of honey, if you can get pepcid and nausea pills they are very helpfull too, i found out the hard way that if you stay with an empty stomach the abdominal symptoms will feel much worse...every other night take alergie medicine at night it will help you sleep a little, do not get overwelmed about not getting sleep as long as you stay well nourished and hydrated it will be ok...somedays you will feel like you are dying others will be much better...i have been throught hell but did my best not to give in into taking it again, it gets better hang in there
    • Posted

Hi what was your last dose?? Do I take a 7.5? Then taper very slowly? Or just continue feeling like this?
  • Posted

No one should ever listen to their gp when it comes about tapering an anti depressant. As per them there is no such thing like withdrawal symptoms. Your taper was very quick and your body was not ready for this change. I would suggest you to exercise, drink chamomile tea on a daily basis and see if your symptoms improves. Otherwise you can restart your mirtazapine at very low dosage like 7.5 mg and then taper it very slowly. That's all I can say and I hope you ll get better very soon.

• Posted

Thank you very much I will try the tea 1st if not I will take 7.5
    • Posted

To be honest i never tapper which i do not recomend and im sure thats why ive suffer so much... i was always on 30mg and stopped cold turkey and by the time i realized i was going throught withdrawal i was so sick it scared me so much all i wanted was to have this drug out off me, so just decided to ride the symptoms and hoped for the best...it has been hell but today i am better than i was on day 17, the 27 of may will be 2 months since my last pill....if you are still taking any keep tappering down as low as you can, but i truly believe that if you went so many days without it, just keep going cause when you star the pill again, you literally go back to the begining, you did tapper some which makes me believe you wont suffer as much as i did and it has been hell...keep in touch, it gets better stay positive,maditate, exercise, go out, swim...all those thing help!
    • Posted

I'm going to stick it out been hell so far but hopefully I will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. Well done to you your doing great and an inspiration

• Posted

Hang in there. I stopped in January and it was hell I tapered to 7.5mg then stopped and had the same symptoms. I took phenegran anti histamine at night to aid sleep, bit b, chamomile tea and omega 3. I started taking 5htp too but was sick I realise now it was withdrawal symptoms. The 5htp does help now. I still have the odd off day but it's been worth it. Take care and hang in there

• Posted

From my understanding you need to take Mertazapine every day. Do you feel worse on the days you skip? I tried to quit Mertazapine cold turkey and the insomnia came back in 1 day.
  • Posted

Hi there, I've just read your post out of interest and to see how everyone's doing.

I'm proof that it possible to survive the Mirt withdrawals. it was the worst nightmare I've ever had to deal with in my life but I got there in the end.

My thoughts and my insides are back to normal function, just how they should be. I did it cold turkey in Nov 16 and it took 4 months in all and a mild A/D to get me well again because the w/d's caused me to have a terrible chemical imbalance. I'm now on Sertraline 100mg and it's made me feel much better. All those symptoms are gone for good 😊.

Hang in there and keep telling yourself that it's not real and that it will eventually settle down.

• Posted

Hi glad to hear your over it I was suicidal and had to take 7.5 so I'm back on that dose will try again in a few month and maybe ask gp for a different AD X

• Posted

hello there i am so glad people like you come here to share any kind of info, we need to know that some how we are not alone, doctors only tells as take this take that and we are left to fend for ourselves. Thank you!!!
    • Posted

hello linzi hope you are felling better, hang in there stay strong, i have been having all kinds of crazy days and fear is not related to the withdrawals i know how you feel!!
    • Posted

Feeling a lot better since I took 7.5 but so want to get off these horrible tablets
    • Posted

I lowered my dose from 7.5mg to 3.75 in Jan. Withdrawals were so horrible that my GP increased dose to 11.25 mg. It didn't help and in April I decided to taper again. Right now I am on 0.4 mg and since l was not feeling well until I started taking Indian herb Ashwagandha, Vitamin d and Vitamin B12 pills. Within 3 days my I started feeling so good that I tapered my dose from 1.875 mg to 0.4 mg and I am planning to completely stop it within 20 days. 

I know what worked for me may not work for you but there is no harm in trying. All the best. I ll start a separate post about my story one month after I completely stop taking this medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.