17 weeks post op. Small cycstocele and larger rectocele

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies. Hope you're all ok. As the title says, I'm 17 weeks post op. It's been a long journey, and I went back to work after 9 weeks on a 2 week phased return. I still have some days of discomfort, (most if I'm being honest) were it all feels a bit swollen. I can't say it's particularly related to doing too much, but more than likely. My skin around the perineum feels a little sore, and what I can only describe as dried out? I wash once a day with a little Aveeno (in the bottom area only) as recommended by the menopause clinic. I have restarted with vagifem, hoping this would help the skin. Myself and my wonderful partner have tried intercourse once, but it was too painful. I so long to be 'normal' again. If anyone could let me know if at this stage, any of this is normal? Oh, I also sometimes still get a sore feeling down the left side from front to back, which seems to be related to bm's and when I've worn jeans that are 'fitting' for a few hours. Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ... I'm 9 weeks and I understand all of that ! I tried intercourse and now I have a discharge and a burning feeling and I'm worried it's reversed everything . This is just crap in all respects .., I'm so tired from doing normal things .

• Posted

Hi Cazinbed, I sometimes wonder when or if it will ever end. Will we ever be 'us' again? I used to be so full of energy, always on the go, but the often discomfort really gets you down doesn't it? I try to keep going being smiley, but it's such hard work. Sending hugs x

• Posted

Hi,

i am 15 weeks post op and had similar symptoms. At about 10 weeks I took myself off to a pelvic floor Physio. She said my pelvic floor muscles had spasmed and worked with me to help release them. I still feel swollen and uncomfortable at the end of a busy day but intercourse is now possible and pain free. The pain I was having included 'ovulation' type pain and pulled hamstring type pain. apparently they were both tight pelvic floor muscles.

Hpoe this helps. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.