19, Acid Reflux, Pls help

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past month, I feel like I got food stuck in my stomach/throat after eating, and I went to the doctor a week ago and he prescribe me Lansoprazole, but it doesn't seems to be work =/(So I stopped it) I had this condition like last year but it went away as soon as I saw the doctor... I haven't really been off the fatty food since today because I didn't realise everytime I eat fatty food, I get a bad reflux...For the past 2 days, my conditions seems to be getting worse, I starting to get a burning sensation and every time I burp, I start vomiting acidic taste food... I'm really really frustrated about this and I think I'm getting aniexty of this now.... It's so annoying, I don't know what to do than asking people here. Will I get better again, and eat proper food? I'll do anything to get better again!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi simon

I'm Sorry that you're going through all of this. I have also suffered something similar to you and was prescribed lanzoprazole which didn't work and them omeprazole which also did not work. I decided to change my diet as I was at my wits end - like you seem to be. You should be able to eventually have a more normal life once you put in the hard work to get things working more normally. I am on a low carb diet, no sugar, no unhealthy fats, only healthy fats such as extra Virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocados etc, nuts, seeds, lots of vegetables and fish and chicken. A Very small amount of fruit, oats and brown rice. Also I have cut out wheat and dairy as they are major allergens. Oh yes, and lots of water!! Perhaps try that for a few weeks and see how it goes??

• Posted

Has your acid reflux completely gone? Im sure I had the same condition last year but somehow it went away very quick, then I started eating whatever I wanted. Then again, over christmas I've been eating loads of junk food (You know, cuz its christmas xD) Do I need to worry about things like cancer??? On the internet the word cancer kept on showing up, atm I'm so anxious about this whole thing that I have cancer or some sorts... 
    • Posted

Hi simon, a lot of people experience acid reflux and it is not necessarily cancer. More to do with a bad diet 😞. No coincidence that it has happened around the festivities. In fact mine first happened Christmas Day 2013. My heartburn, reflux, difficulty swallowing food etc have all disappeared. I'm still battling my breathing issues but that is on it's way out too as I've had immense improvement in my symptoms. I know changing the diet is not easy and I could kill for a glass of wine but I have learnt my lesson now not to overdo it. I am looking forward to the day that I can have a few guilty pleasures without the side effects.
    • Posted

What I don't get is why last time it went away so quick and staying this time... Like I have exams coming up at the end of this month but this making me to have 0 motivations to revise...
    • Posted

Your body naturally wants to be well, but things like diet, stress, lack of sleep etc etc can run your body down and sometimes it needs a helping hand to get it back in balance. Juice diets are a good plan to start if you have a juicer - for example jason vale's juice diet. I think he does 3,5, 7 and 28 day juice diets. Or the GAPs diet. I'm sure you will feel better cleaning up your diet. And if you are stressed - try some exercise and get plenty of sleep.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! It does help me mentally, and gives me a direction where to go from now smile we all stay healthy and hopefully we don't have to discuss this any further in the future!
    • Posted

i think we are worried about everything medical its dire, how do we get on even keel with constant cancer info everywhere, me like u thought acid was that but no usually diet and stress things will most prob clear as soon as they come.......
    • Posted

I agree, we do get information of cancer almost everywhere... I think sometime stress/aniexty itself can be a contribution to acid reflux
    • Posted

You're welcome simon - I wish you all the luck in the world. Also good luck with your exams
  • Posted

is your pain short stabbing ones|?   best is change diet and relaxation as spiral of worry else?
    • Posted

I wouldn't say it's a pain but an uncomfortable burning sensation. I do have some health anxiety issue... I always feel like I have health issues... I often google like little symptoms I have and google shows things with cancer and I'm really worry about it...
  • Posted

where is the burning? in your esophagus or near your larynx. 

Ive had a burning sensation on my upper palate and throat for a while now.

I also feel like my throat is inflammed. Still trying to diagnose but think its reflux.

• Posted

Dear Simonn

I am sorry to hear of your symptoms - you may wish to ask your doctor to send you for a barium test and swallow test as it may be that you have acide reflux, but the symptons were how I started feeling before (after nearly 2 years of tests and pills) being diagnosed wth achalasia.  I would suggest that you google the condition as it has many different symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.