19, suicidal, depressed. SOMEONE HELP ME!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been to the doctors several times a nd they just don't seem to help, I was put on matrazipine last Monday and yesterday put on 30mg a day. The doctor does not listen to what I'm saying, everyday is a struggle for me and no one is helping me, my family do NOT care, nobody cares.

Everyday I'm getting worse and my depression is unbearable now, I feel the only way out is to take my own life. That's the only way this will end, I have lost everything because of this, my family are at the line of throwing me out because of the trouble this has caused, it has ruined my life and each day is a day closer to that moment I decide this is all too much to take, how I feel makes me want to take my life, day goes by and no one listens, no one understands, everything has just got too much now, and I really just want to end all this, I lost my girlfriend which we have been together for 3 years, which has destroyed me, ontop of my family just not caring one bit, no one listens, no one cares, nothing, I'm ready to end this once and for all.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lewis, I am sorry to hear how much you are suffering.  You don't say how long this has been going on and what you think caused it/triggered it.  What did you actually say to your doctor for him to diagnose matrazipine. I've not heard of this drug but will research it in a minute.Hold on in there. It can get better believe me. I'm living proof.
    • Posted

its been going on since my dad passed away in 2012, on top of other things i have no idea whats causing this, but the doctor just wont listen to me, each day is a struggle to stay alive, my head is telling me to jump of a bridge, doctor does not listen, i said i was suffering extreme depression, anxiety, panic attacks, VERY VIOLENT and several other things, my family is of no support, im on the line of being thrown out and im in no state to handle that. i cant get positive, whats going on in my head has destroyed me, its like theres a demon inside of me. and no one is listening or helping.
    • Posted

Hi Lewis, so sorry that things are still such a struggle.  I'm worried about the suicidal thoughts and don't think 111 is a good idea as they don't have anyone particularly trained in this area.  Personally I would suggest that you contact the Samaritans and see the help that is on offer for the next time this happens. They are their to listen, if you ring they don't know your number and you don't have to use your real name. I'm still listening.....let me know how you make out.
  • Posted

Mirtazipine will take a few days to kick in so bare with it. Also increaseing from 15 to 30 changes the effect of the drug and it should become more effective than you would expect from the dose increase.

If at any point you feel you may harm your self call nhs direct on 111, if you feel suicidal you probably should call 999 or go to a&e. Most areas have a crises team for mental health patients at risk from harm.

Remember its not your fault how people around you act, thats their problem. Stick with it and keep posting here if it helps.

• Posted

We care.   You are much too young to say your life is destroyed at the tender age of 19.  It takes a while for any meds to kick in so you need to be patient and give them 2/3 weeks as often they can make you feel worse before you start to feel better.  Didn't your doctor tell you this?

They also might not be the right meds for you as it is often trial and error but please hang on and give them a chance to start working.   Have hope for the future.  Things will pick up for you so give yourself a chance please.  x

• Posted

Hi Lewis. I know how you feel. I know. If I could give you a hug and talk stuff through share experiences. I can't give you an actual hug but via this site I reach out to you. I offer to share your pain I will tell you about my failed suicide bid and why I am glad I survived.

Please don't leave me or us we all care we all suffer , suffered but I will walk with you on this site but I can't do it if you're dead. Please hold out your hand.

Take GOOD care Patrick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.