1st Day

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's my 1st Day on Citalopram and after reading comments on this page... I'm a little nervous. Should I take the tablets at night so not to get the side effects so bad... I've been suffering with bad tension headaches/anxiety... do many people suffer with headaches on this medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've just come home with the tablets and read this forum, now I am terrified of taking Cit. Looks like EVERYONE is having problems. The last thing I want it to have sleeplessness and jitteriness!

Can anyone reassure me as as well?

• Posted

[quote:70534df83b=\"curviest \"]I've just come home with the tablets and read this forum, now I am terrified of taking Cit. Looks like EVERYONE is having problems. The last thing I want it to have sleeplessness and jitteriness!

Can anyone reassure me as as well?[/quote:70534df83b]

Hi... yes it's very worrying although Cit comes very highly recommended....Fingers crossed we don't get all the mentioned side effects!

• Posted

We are all on this medication for a reason and, in my case, it was that I couldn't continue as I was and, despite self-help I was sinking lower and lower, the effects of which were impacting on every area of my life. After just 11 days on Cit. I feel so much better despite going through the initial few days of weird side effects. These effects do level out and, as in my case, my normal personality has definataly returned. I am So pleased that I sought help and found a medication that has put me back on track. My experience of this medication is positve as I hope yours will be. Hang on in there! Molly x
  • Posted

[quote:52377139ac=\"Anonymous\"]We are all on this medication for a reason and, in my case, it was that I couldn't continue as I was and, despite self-help I was sinking lower and lower, the effects of which were impacting on every area of my life. After just 11 days on Cit. I feel so much better despite going through the initial few days of weird side effects. These effects do level out and, as in my case, my normal personality has definataly returned. I am So pleased that I sought help and found a medication that has put me back on track. My experience of this medication is positve as I hope yours will be. Hang on in there! Molly x[/quote:52377139ac]

Thank you so much for your response... I'm currently seeing a counsellor/working on anxiety management etc... I just want to feel more positive/lifted and confident about things that have happened over the last 12 months.

I've started on 20mg today but worried after reading all the responses that may be I should reduce it to 10mg just in case I get bad side effects... I took the tablet at 1pm today but no side effects as yet... I'm assuming it takes a few days for the sides effects to kick in...so not sure if to take 10mg tomorrow for a few days to get used to the medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.