1st day of my 6th week

Posted , 10 users are following.

hello everyone hope you all doing fun .. Today is the 1sr day of week 6 .. All major side effects are gone and i feel much better .. I still have tingling in my head when i wake up and i use the toilete so much lately i dont know why.. Yesterday i was a little bit anxious but mind helped to go through this as if its in careless mode i feel 80% better so far except few side effects here and there.

0 likes, 250 replies

250 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I am on week 9 of 20mg things are going well but the past few days I have been waking in the night feeling anxious and it's kept me awake for a few hours also been going to the toilet more And eating a lot more Am guessing it's the meds still settling in ..

Report Reply
  • Posted

thats gd news , well done , i m on week 4 and just woke up and feelin shaky a bit ,, iis this normal..? what mg are you takin ?? 
    Report Reply
  • Posted

TicTacToe, 

Happy to hear you're doing better. Did  you see a big improvement from week 5-6? I'm on week 5 still getting the difficult morning anxiety. My evenings are becoming a lot easier. My mind also isn't racing as fast anymore. Lastly,  I don't feel as depressed as I was. 

Report Reply
  • Posted

There are a lot of Serotonin receptors in the gut, stomach problems do clear up. I'm in week 7 and have the same.

Report Reply
    • Posted

That is a smart move..your recovery will be so easy..trust me..and you ain't going to get addicted because once the celexa kicks in..you just won't want to take the Ativan..

Report Reply
    • Posted

Adding a benzo ..is totally different than adding another antidepressants..two different things..so I say a benzo with and ssri is quite common .. especially when your suffering start up effects from ssri..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

No zombie just relief..you also should start with a half of your prescribed dosage just to see how you feel..but no disconnection with a benzo..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Cool I have to go see my psych on Monday going to give this a shot a little nervous but I need something for this morning anxiety it literally throwa off my entire day 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

What ever you do take it at night at home..to see how you feel..not unless your not working or going to school then I would take in the morning..or when ever you feel yucky..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

My mornings are the worst.  I'm a teacher  so taking I  in the morning before I teach may be bad huh? I was thinking only taking.   .25. Does it help you sleep? 

Report Reply
    • Posted

No .I have taken xanex.. similar...and yes my evenings became better mornings horrible.. little by little gradually all those yucky feelings your having will disappeared..it's so much easier with a benzo..just knowing it's in your reach ..brings relief.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Awesome looking forward to Monday. I really appreciate you. You've been a big help during this time having some rough days over here lol 

Report Reply
    • Posted

hi lois

I’m really fed up, Ive been on the tablets for 3 weeks, Ive not seen any difference, still lots of anxiety.. my evenings are not any better either

Ive a feeling they wont work for me..

Report Reply
    • Posted

Three weeks is to soon to notice any kind of difference..more like three months..for me was at around the fourth month..I know is hard been patience..but at least you have all your emergency supplies..most people on here can't get not a single dose of anything to combat anxiety emergencies..so just be Patience ..three weeks is too early.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes I was struggling..I was what they called cycling.like a wave of crying /pain/fear/ etc..and yes it was all day..but I would quickly take my xanex..and it would disappeared .or if I couldn't sleep I would quickly take my Ambien and went to sleep..I try not to suffer . Because that what the supplies are for . without the the supplies I don't know where I would be.. because the mind playing tricks on you ..is not very pleasant.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes I was struggling..I was what they called cycling.like a wave of crying /pain/fear/ etc..and yes it was all day..but I would quickly take my xanex..and it would disappeared .or if I couldn't sleep I would quickly take my Ambien and went to sleep..I try not to suffer . Because that what the supplies are for . without the the supplies I don't know where I would be.. because the mind playing tricks on you ..is not very pleasant.

Report Reply
    • Posted

did you find that your brain started relaxing in the evenings? Kind of like that warm feeling in the brain returned
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes ma'am ..I couldn't wait for the evening..but the evening thing started for me around the 4month..mark..then everything else started gradually slowwwwwly subsiding from there on..until the 8month was like I woke up feeling normal..I haven't felt like that inyears it was like a wow feeling..I suffered so much that sometimes I wonder wow I could of ended in a phych ward..but it's all the mind playing tricks on you..and my phychiatrist kept reminding me.that that's all it was..of course after getting all my blood works scans on my brain scans on my torso..it was all anxiety..

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes ma'am ..I couldn't wait for the evening..but the evening thing started for me around the 4month..mark..then everything else started gradually slowwwwwly subsiding from there on..until the 8month was like I woke up feeling normal..I haven't felt like that inyears it was like a wow feeling..I suffered so much that sometimes I wonder wow I could of ended in a phych ward..but it's all the mind playing tricks on you..and my phychiatrist kept reminding me.that that's all it was..of course after getting all my blood works scans on my brain scans on my torso..it was all anxiety..

Report Reply
    • Posted

God only knows..you know when the brain decides to except the extra serotonin..and then tells it's receptors to stop producing the normal serotonin..it's all up to the brain to send that lucky signal..until then we have to suffer..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I Keep thinking I have anxiety because of low gaba and not low serotonin, which explains why Mitazapine has not done anything for the anxiety
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Martizapine is not an anxiety drug.. according to my phychiatrist .all it does is makes you sleep and gain weight..I think you will be fine with celexa and your benzo..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

This is me now. At around 4pm I start to feel better. This morning anxiety sucks. Is this the beginning of recovery? 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

ahh... see my psychiatrist said Mirtz is good for anxiety, but my GP said that Mirtz makes you sleep which can lower anxiety...

Report Reply
    • Posted

I think I def need a benzo for the morning. I don't feel depressed in the morning anymore just really anxious. Like I'm scared about the day. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

The mirt..calms down the nervous system but who wants to feel like Gumby all day..eat and sleep is not a good combination..and like I said if you think is your gaba you may need a higher dose of a benzo .or perhaps an snri..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I’m hoping celexa works, 

I used to get weird muscle contractions but that seems to be calming down, Its mainly my ear, face and brain that has the anxiety symptoms

Report Reply
    • Posted

Oh I will take celexa until death do us a part..I will not be one of the people on this forum that felt better than they went thru hell to only get back on again...oh no..and those head sensations your having are all quite the norm with this Medication..it will go away..trust me
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yeah once I get back to feeling completely better I'm on this for life. Going to have to be a good reason for me to get off again. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking are you drill feeling well? And what signs did you have that you were starting to get better; how did you know the meds were working? I question all the time if they're working. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Oh yes I'm feeling quite well ..night and day..when my paresthesia in my head started subsiding ..isaid wait a minute is working ..paresthesia is a symptom of anxiety..so yes that was my first sign..and that happened within 12weeks..the only thing that as soon as I was relieved of that paresthesia ..new anxiety symptoms /side effects where magnified by the celexa to the hundred power..but I stuck it thru ...with no increase ..still on ten milligrams with no problem..

Report Reply
    • Posted

What's interesting is last night I went with my girlfriend and some friends to a concert and a carnival. I felt normal. I thought about my anxiety but it didn't bother me. It's so weird how my mornings are so difficult but in the evening I can have a great time.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Oh I try and did that every day.. wether I like it or not ..is very important to face your fears while your recovering..the more you socialize the better it will be for your brain..it was highly recommended that I go out .. because been stuck in your house makes it worst..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

That's true i believe the last time I went through this I didn't feel better until l got out. I'm a teacher and I'm taking next week off of work, and the following week is spring break. Teaching is so hard when i can't concentrate.  

Report Reply
    • Posted

I bet... taking those two weeks off will certainly be real good for you..take it for what is worth. .but if I was you I would never come off this Medication again..I know I won't even try that ..I have read so many experiences about going on only to come off only to get back again..no way.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes Raj..wait it out ..it will get rid off your physical symptoms your having..trust and believe..I had everything your experiencing plus more..and now all gone..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yeah no way I'm doing that again. Never it has completely screwed me up. I doubt I'll ever miss another dose. I have so many questions about benzos but I don't want to drive you crazy. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Would you say that benzos helped you feel like your normal self? I really think if I knock out this early morning  afternoon anxiety I'll start being fine 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes i.use to always keep reading .you will see a light at the end of the tunnel..I thought what does that mean..now I see what that means .
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Mylo, I take benzo’s and I feel normal on it, I started on 2mg now I take 5mg... You basically take one in the morning and within 30 mins you feel sooo calm.. its like all the tension dissapears... I was reluctant to take them untill the nurse told me they give them to people who are scared of flying, etc... The doc will only give you a 2 mg which isa tiny tiny dose but even at that dose it is highly effective... We are trying to be brave by fighting this naturally and hoping that Celexa kicks in soon.. but in all fairness Celexa will work in its own time but whilst we wait, benzo will help us. Benzo’s allow us to function daily....

My pychiatrist had no issues giving them to me, they truly are really helpful. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

I do the same thing... I’m always reading reading reviews of medications.... I read the reviews for Mirtzapine of people saying they were fixed after a week of taking them... I was like ‘huh... fixed after a week!! ‘

Report Reply
    • Posted

Random question for you. Is there a reason you stick around the forum even though you're feeling well? Most people leave and then people only  post negative things

Report Reply
    • Posted

Because iam grateful ..this forum along with katecogs.i never reach out to anyone on this forum..but this forum.help me get thru the most horrible experience of my life..and for that I am grateful..I just read katecogs comments and replys..that I was so floor how everything she stated was me..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Is funny you mention that because everyone looks at the leaflet for side effects ..but nobody looks at the ingredients...
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Before meds it was all day dread.. during meds it was even more magnified..all day before I got approved for xanex..I had to take an Ambien to calm me down..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes we gotta thank the native indians for what ever is inside the chemicals breakdown of celexa..there got to be a reason why some people hallucinate on celexa..I know I did.in the very first weeks..hmmmmmm
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Awesome I probably need them this morning anxiety and feeling anxious is annoying .  I also don't have an appetite until mid afternoon 

Report Reply
    • Posted

I stick around because on top of helping who ever thru this dreadful illness..I can cope with reminding my self to others what I went thru it's sore of real therapy for my brain to remind my brain what I went thru..

Report Reply
    • Posted

i dont think my anxiety has been magnified by taking cit, its only slightly... i feel like im not actually taking anything
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Hmmmm.if you feel like your not taking anything perhaps you need I higher dose.. because I definitely felt medicated. Right away..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I did feel spaced out now I'm just more anxious than anything... This is when i question if the meds are working. Also my appetite has been crap I've lost so much weight it makes me sad when people notice it 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Your side effects are quite normal .the lost of weight..be careful because you will gain it all plus extra..you have too many of the so called start up effects that this Medication brings..so it is working..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

But you only been taking it three weeks ..so you got to give it at least 3months..a higher dose isn't going to make you feel any better..

Report Reply
    • Posted

i get the spaced out feeling, abit of nausea and slight hightened anxiety, however perhaps as Im taking a benzo before i have the Celexa, it could be masking the side effects? 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

yeah.. I am seeing the psychologist in 6 weeks, so she may decide to higher up the dose.. I suppose atleast I get the spaced out feeling.. i didnt get any sort of feeling taking the Mirtz
      Report Reply
    • Posted

yeah it would be easier... other people reading this must be thinking’ those 2 really need to get a hobby instead of harrasing poor Lois’!! Lol
      Report Reply
    • Posted

And when I say three months I mean on a consistent dose..for example if and when Raj..gets a higher dose ..it's back to square one all over again..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I’m hoping the tablets are a slow burner and by the summer I’ll be feeling alot better. Returning to work may help me too
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yeah Raj, I'm a teacher I had to take 2.5 weeks off.  Couldn't work on myself. I was just stressed out every morning about how I felt. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

I didn't know ..I knew for sure twenty was too high wow ..it was like a bad Tripp..my phychiatrist decided to decrease me to ten.shes always said that celexa is a strong med..and since been on five different ssris from a general practitioner..and it not working .I had no choice but to preservere..and pray that it worked.

Report Reply
    • Posted

This forum help me thru the worst experience of my life..and I know how important it is to give comfort to others..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I am so grateful to people like you on this forum. When I started taking cit I thought I was going mad, all the side effects and ages til a light at end of tunnel. If not for the help from here I would have given up!! 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes isn't it wild how we are all experiencing the same or similar symptoms /side effects..the only reason I'm sure doctor's don't give you the full monty about these drugs is because it will scare people to death ..and nobody would probably be taking them..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I agree either they don’t know all the side effects or think if they tell all, that absolutely none of us would take them!! But I am grateful to the pills as I am beginning to feel more stable. I took them 12 years ago for about 5 years saved my life but now don’t remember all the side effects being so bad as well His time!! 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

This is my first time on ssri.and I don't dare intend to come off..no way...I will not put my body thru that horrendous feeling again..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I took it for morning anxiety those dam mornings cortisol levels in the morning are just yucky...now I take when I feel a little butterflies in my stomach..which is rarely...
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I go to the doctor in a few hours. Going to ask for some. Just hoping they can give me some relief. I dont have any side effects I'm just anxious now. The mornings are what get me worked up 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Lois, I went to the shops just now and popped in to the pharmacy and spoje to the pharmacist about Citalopram. She said that I should be feeling something at 3 weeks... she said to give it another week and if no change then chat to the doctor... different pharmacists give different views...
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I would probably agreed with you if you where just on celexa and nothing else..but even then I was only on celexa and nothing else and it took me many months to feel some benefits..I remember py pharmacist saying in two weeks you will be fine..now I remind her all the months it took me to recover ..and her answer is everyone's body chemistry is different..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I would probably agreed with you if you where just on celexa and nothing else..but even then I was only on celexa and nothing else and it took me many months to feel some benefits..I remember py pharmacist saying in two weeks you will be fine..now I remind her all the months it took me to recover ..and her answer is everyone's body chemistry is different..

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I'm in Texas going to have a long convo about it with my doctor. You said it helped with your obsessive thoughts? 

Report Reply
    • Posted

With a small dose it's hard to say..I know in higher doses it makes you sleepy..it's a sedative so I say..don't drive on it...is nothing drastic in small doses ..it just calms your nervous system quickly..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I took it until I recovered which was roughly 8months .I refused to suffer with anything..what ever came my way ..I kill it with xanex..my husband would always remind me to take it when ever he saw me suffering..he refused to see me suffer..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

My phychiatrist didn't have an answer for me she just kept saying this Medication is very slowwwww working..if you feel too medicated will reduce it more..I did feel medicated but I held on...

Report Reply
    • Posted

It will Raj..you gotta just relax and stop ruminating about what ifs..it hasn't been a month yet for you..so be patience..

Report Reply
    • Posted

You feel nothing ..not a tiny bit of improvement? If that's the case you may need a higher dose ..but if that's not the case keep going.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I felt dizzy as soon as I started it and I had a dodgy stomach... But I take 5 mg of diazapm before I take Celexa.

Im going for a drug review in a couple of weeks time.

I dont really want to increase my dose.

I was on Sertraline initially and my anxiety rocketed on that .. but i was taken off it quickly and put onto mirtzapine 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Same exact story as me. Sertraline I could only cope with for 3 days, it made me terrified!!!! and feeling insane and detached from myself on just 25mg in just 3 days....it was too scary to continue, I felt like committing myself to hospital it was that bad for me. Mirtazapine knocked me out for 16 hours 20mins after my first 15mg poll. Killed the anxiety dead for two week almost immediately (unlike the slow working cit) but was terrible stuff, my mrs said I was moody and isolated on it, intense restlessness and depression worsened. I’ve decided to go on Citalopram as I know so many people who swear by it.  I was originally on Paroxetine 40mg for 6 years but that’s another whole frightening story.... I’m on 30mg cit now, week 6 started today. what are you on Raj?
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I thought you meant you never felt anything...yes I felt that dizziness and then the nausea and then cough and then headaches and then hot and cold..so if you did feel similar start up effects than is working..is just working in the background..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

That's how it is Raj..be thankful that that that's all your experiencing with celexa..you can't hurry your brain.. patience is a virtue...

Report Reply
    • Posted

Im on 10mg of citalopram, 30mg of mirtzapine( the doc tells me to carry on taking it) , 5 mg of diazapam, and finally 10mg of propananol... 

Im hoping Citalopram brings down the anxiety enough for me to come off the other drugs...

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, the mirtz are really sedating...it must have some powerful stuff in there to knock us out. 

I think alot of people get better just because they have slept. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Wouldn't it be better to switch the mirt.to a sleeping pill?that's what I did my body couldn't tolerate all the antidepressants that contain antihistamine that they use for sleeping ..at least the sleeping aid doesn't have all that crap in it..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I did ask the doc to take me off the mirtz but she said dont reduce it yet as she feels its keeping me stable. Eventually I will come off it. She also said that if celexa dont work then she will swop the benzo for pregablin. 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Why pregablin?thats a nerve pain med..if that's the case why you don't try cymbalta..it treats anxiety depression and nerve pain..

Report Reply
    • Posted

I would advise against pregablin to be honest they are more used for a pain killer and are very addictive they may relax you but I don't no why your doctor would take you of diazipam and put you on them do you have trouble sleeping if so maybe a weeks worth on zopiclon but again they are addictive .

Report Reply
    • Posted

I think its because diazapam is a short term fix for anxiety but long term management is either antidepressants( if they work) or pregablin...hopefully celexa will work its magic so i wont need it..
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Wow only in the UK.because my mother has been on celexa and Klonopin for 20years..and my phychiatrist told me I can stay on my celexa with xanex for ever...
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I would defo not be taking pregablin thou raj try sticking to just your citalopram like Lois changes on meds can be iffy 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

This klonopin has been very helpful so far. Today I actually feel like myself. It knocks my morning anxiety out. Just.5 mg at night and in the morning. 

Thanks Lois this is about better than me struggling 

Report Reply
    • Posted

The one good thing with the Klonopin is that it last longer in your system .unlike the valium or the xanex...
      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up