1st day on celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone please tell me the side effects of being on celexa for the firat day .

Yesterday was my first day i took it around 230 and i was happy and laughing. And them around 630 i got this cray feeling like pins and needles, crazy thoughts, scared feeling, head ache behind my eyes and forhead. Alot more to. Kind of like i was high...

I NEVER take meds not even tylonal. The celexa is 10mg so maybe this is why??

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. Because im thinking about not taking the second tablet.

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, sorry to say, but those are probably start up side effects. I fortunately didn't have them, but others have posted similiar reactions as yours. You might want to call your doctor. Maybe you could start with 5 mg for a few days and then go up to 10 mg.

The worse of the side effects generally last about two weeks.

What are you taking Cit for?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well it all started when i had my last son. I have 3 kids and i had beautiful deliverys untill my youngest. My epidural failed and i gave natural birth. I thought i laying in my death bed. Worst pain ever. So ever since that day june 28 2016 i have this crazy fear of death. I have eating problems no appitite. Sick feeling jittery scared anxious thoughts of going crazy.

So i told my doc and he prescribed celexa 10mg.

Im scared to even take it because i dont want to meas up the normal chemicals in my brain or whatever. I know it sounds crazy but i worry about about everything.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That is a long time to have the anxiety you have had. Mine started about the same time as yours, but my was hormone related and my body just can't seem to get out of the fight or flight stance. 

I don't know about the whole chemical thing, I just know I can't go on with the anxiety. Lots and lots and lots of people take anti-depressants and live very good, successful, and productive lives. 

I would recommend you plow through the start-up side effects and just keep telling yourself it is temporary. I assume you are currently not living the life you want to be living right now. So is it worth a try?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, I was just bumped up to 20 mg after being on 10 mg for a month. I have been on 20 mg for 9 days. I am going through the start-up stuff as well. I mainly just have a more anxiety. I was sick at my stomach a few days ago and had a bad headache. I will be so glad with everything levels out, but it takes time.

I started out taking mine in the evening, but was having insomnia. I switched to the morning and did pretty well until I up dosed. Some people do better taking in the morning and others in the evening. It is a lot of trial and error. neutral

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did notice last night i had a rough night. I kept waking up and tossing. I stayed awake for about 30 to 40 mins a piece when i did wake up. And i NEVER have trouble sleeping. I normally sleep so much because to me its better to sleep then feel all the symptoms of anxiety. I dont know if i have depression but the symptoms i feel from anxiety is rough. And the panic attacks are something i never want to go threw again. I actually scare my self ao bad from not wanting another attack to where i have one.

But i hope your symptoms start to subside. I know im only one pill in and feeling bad already.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I mainly have anxiety and it is dreadful. It just hit me out of the blue one day. I was on Effexor for several months and it did nothing to help to rid me of the anxiety. I hope Cit. works for me like it has so many other people.

Hopefully your symptoms will decrease soon too. Don't get discouraged if it takes a week or  two.

Keep me posted! 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Strange that it isn't showing my post. I started on 10 mg 1 month ago and just increased it to 20 mg 9 days ago. I take 50 mg of Trazodone to help with sleep and a little Xanax as well.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well back in dec i had a pretty bad episode thought i was going crazy and was haven crazy thoughts. I went to the hospital to ask for help (at the time i had no ins) sp theu prescribed me ativan. It worls great bit i only take as needed. Bc im actually scared to take medicine. And im scared to mix medicines
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up