1st day on celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone please tell me the side effects of being on celexa for the firat day .

Yesterday was my first day i took it around 230 and i was happy and laughing. And them around 630 i got this cray feeling like pins and needles, crazy thoughts, scared feeling, head ache behind my eyes and forhead. Alot more to. Kind of like i was high...

I NEVER take meds not even tylonal. The celexa is 10mg so maybe this is why??

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. Because im thinking about not taking the second tablet.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Crystal, I experienced the exact same as yourself when starting. I started the other day Thursday 03/03/16, I had crazy pins and needles all over my body what was most concerning was they where on my face/cheeks also.

I had Nausea, Diarehha, Headache between the temples, Brain Fog.. But now on my 4th day I just have a slight dose of brain fog and low appetite.

I guess its just what happens when starting this drug, I have read a lot of information so far and most people say it begins to ease off after 3 weeks. Just if your Doctor tells you to raise it to 20mg after 1 week say to them you need more time for your body to get used to it otherwise you could make your self ill.

Also some people are best taking the meds in the morning, others at night just have a bit of trial and error with it to begin with to see what works best for you.

Best of luck and hope your better soon, Paul

• Posted

What do you mean by brain fog? Im glad im not the only one. The side effects are berable now. Still there but better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.