1st time on here. suffer severe anxiety and some depression. very bad at the moment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 23 and suffering big time...anyone there?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Your very young and there are lot of others on here are you age and then other that are older. Maybe get involved with other threads too where you can see simarities.

Other than that have you been to your gp and are you on any meds or therapies

• Posted

Hi I was 27 when this took over my life. I'm now 37 . I really don't think age come in to it, make sure you talk to your doctor assp
    • Posted

Well excuse me shell 58234  for suggesting that peers and people that are the same age can help. I suggested this as younger people struggle in a different way with similar triggers. 

Age come into this alot as doctors are not so keen to hand out medicine to younger people. Yes worrywart i would see your doctor as they have the power to prescribe if they think its suitable tablet to help with symptoms and also therapies that will help you. 

Your doctor will analyse how depressed you are from mild thru to severe. and from that will hopefully sort things out and closely monior you. There are people on here who are your age abd may or may not have simalr challenges that have trigged this so its well worth in engaging with them as well as everyone else.

• Posted

I'm 22 and going through the exact same thing- you're definitely not alone in this. Unfortunately for me, the two seem to kind of go hand in hand. Is yours like a GAD, health, social anxiety or?
  • Posted

Hi worrywart, your amongst friends and fellow travellers here, same question really in have you been to your GP, if so have you been prescribed meds and CBT (therapy)?

Im a general anxiety suffered (gad) but have genetic predisposition to depression and just coming out of a bout of severe depression with anxiety.

had it on and off for past 15 years or so, had 4 bouts of it so ive a good insight into both anxiety and depression so feel free to message me, or post on forum. 

Neil 

• Posted

Basically guys ive suffered with anxiety since a breakdown at 15. Thats when i started 20mg fleouxetine daily which I'm still on now.

Ive just had my second baby via my first c section 8weeks ago. My anxiety through the pregnancy and afterwards was hurrendous!!

Keep obsessing that there's something wrong with me because I feel dizzy and lightheaded alk the time. All discombobulated!

Few weeks ago one night as I was falling asleep I felt weird n sick n all of a sudden the room was spinning and omg I felt terrrible!!!! Iwas absolutely petrified!! Gp said vertigo then next gp said inner ear off balance.

Feel nauseas, headaches on n off, chest pains, light headed, disorientated,discombobulated.

Whats happening to me??

Is it just where my anxiety uas becomeso severe and im obsessing over this as im petrified of that night repeating itself or is it something else?!

So confused and upset!

Making myself ill with worry and now depressions hitting hard to!

:'(

• Posted

You can download some apps and book or even podcasts from itunes to help you understand and try and figure out what works to helo you.
  • Posted

Hello there.

I've had bouts on/off since I was 14, I'm 27 now. Going through a bad patch again at the moment.

Like you, I've been convinced there's something wrong because my Anxiety has been so aggressive this time round. Its a horrible thing to go through, it makes you think all sorts.

If you want a chat message me anytime, your not alone. smile

• Posted

Thankyou all so much for support and advice! smile

im really trying, I hit rock bottom day before I posted this so my week seems to be manageable Which it can always is after a hugee crash but hoping I can keep myself balanced!

physical symptoms are soooo frightening though sad thia dizziness terrifies me still?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.