1st weigh in

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i have been on orlistat for 3 weeks now and have just had my 1st weigh in.

I lost 2.2 lbs and was very dissapointed.I have followed a low fat diet just like my doctor has told me to do and cant understand why my weight loss was so small.

Has anyone else experienced such a small weight loss on their 1st weigh in .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, some weeks I even gain weight.

You have still lost weight, that is a good thing. I think everyone on here has weeks they don't loose or they loose only a little.

keep at it.

• Posted

My first weigh in was after a week and i had lost nothing, the second week i lost 4lbs. I am at the end of my 7th week on these and have lost a total of one stone, sometimes i lose nothing for a week or two then the week after i will lose 4lbs.

Every person is different, i felt so demotivated when i lost nothing in my first week and then read stories on here where people have lost 8lb in their first week alone!!

Keep at it, it may seem small but you have lost 2lbs and your next weigh in may show a lot more off. There are a lot of people on this site that will offer you help and support

• Posted

i had a small weight loss for the first few weeks. Keep with it as it soon falls off.

1 stone 2 pounds in 8 weeks.

• Posted

Hey

Dont you dare be dissapointed at your loss!! its fantastic..and if I were a betting woman I reckon that it will show next week or even in a few days you will feel thinner! The scales are not everything go by how you feel....we all want to be thinner but at the end of the day most of us want that as well as being healthy and you are doing all the things right so hold your head high and be proud that you have lost...dont worry about how much but just that you have lost, some weeks I feel like I have lost and then sneakily get on my scales and am totally gutted when I have only lost 1 pound! or half a pound but at the end of the day go and look at 2and half pounds of fat...and that lump is what you have lost. Keep up the good work and it will pay off!

Take care and keep smiling and stay on the rails coz its gonna lead you to a great place..trust me Bozzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.