2.30am - awake. Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on citalopram 20mg for anxiety/depression for just over 8 weeks and was feeling much better! The last lot of tablets I've had though has changed from 'Teva' brand in a long white/orange box to 'Accord' in a short light blue box - my anxiety is back through the roof! Head spinning, nausea, burning pins and needles in my hand and arm, insomnia and panic! I've not been up in the night for weeks but 5 days in to the 'Accord' brand and I feel like I'm back to square 1!!

I know it's the same tablet but has anyone else had a similar experience with a different manufacturer? What can I do to get my others back and my anxiety back under control?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The active ingredient should be the same so it sounds like your body doesn't like the inactive ingredients.  You may want to go back the pharmacist and see about getting the same brand as you had before. 

• Posted

Ring your Drs. It does sound like they don't agree with you. It may also be time for an increase in dose.

• Posted

Thanks both. Spoke to pharmacist and managed to get an appointment with the GP, both said it's unlikely that a change in brand would cause such significant effects but asked me to try Teva ones again at the same strength to see if that improves things. Fingers crossed! Thought I had things sussed and under control, it's awful to be so low again.

• Posted

Fingers crossed for. Its awful when you don't seen an improvement or feel you are slipping back again. Let's hope they do the trick . Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.