2 months of anxiety and getting worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always had slight anxiety but I did a sky dive then got sick n now seem to have constant anxiety. I constantly worry that am going to be ill. I think food will bake me ill, moving to much, I panic been on my own with my kids. Scared to take my medication now because I had a bad reaction to co-codamol yesterday! Even thinking n talk No about been ill makes me feel rubbish. I didn't sleep at all last night just laid there waiting to feel ill sad 

I a, suppose to be going to New York in 10 days but the thought is unbearable. Just so fed up don't know how much more I can take.

i have just started on citralopram but worry that it will make me worse so many bad reviews sad

sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest. I sit looking at forums constantly looking for answers.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about the spelling heads a bit fuzzy
  • Posted

I know how you feel. I am constantly looking out for bodily sensations of feeling ill and dizzy and the list goes on. Along with also scared when looking after my kids that something will happen to me and they will be alone. I've been suffering for 11 months but i do have my good days and the bad. Give it time and take your meds and you will have periods of time where you will feel half normal again. Look forward to going to New York, once you're there you may enjoy yourself. Anxiety is a horrible thing but hopefully we can all work through it xx
    • Posted

It's nice to know other people feel the same way and that am not crazy. Do you take any meds? 11 months is along time it's only been two for me and I already feel like I can't cope xx
  • Posted

It seems you have health anxiety.   There have been lots of people on this forum with that.

The citalopram should help with the anxiety, but takes a few weeks to get going. Doctors usually give meds (eg diazepam) to help in the mean time.

Every drug here gets bad reviews - because it is mainly people who suffer who post.   

• Posted

I decided to take half a tablet wait half an hour and take the second half. I seem OK at the minute... Well no new side effects! Fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.