2 Months Post Op After 3rd Surgery And Need Advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here's the intro https://patient.info/forums/discuss/haemorrhoids-post-operative-pain-684178?page=0#3402732

So I'm about 9-weeks post op and here are some updates;

1. I think the pain from my last op gave me PTSD, no jokes, I started getting panic attacks and my GP put me on Xanax and Urbanol to combat the attacks although I've become a full blown insomniac.
  2. Over the last week I've developed a burning, itchy, swollen sensation in my anus, is this part of normal recovery or could it mean the op was a failure?

I'm definitely calling my surgeon tomorrow to hear what's up, in the mean time I would really appreciate some input.

P.S. I love this community and I really hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have a wonderful festive season with family and friends.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Tommy, first of all I deeply sympathize with your plight. I have ready many stories on this and other sites and yours is up there in terms of on-going issues. I am sorry for your struggle and hope you get past it all soon.

In terms of the burning & itching sensation I have also had this off and on since my procedure. From all I can see it is normal. The surgery takes a long time to fully heal. And the level of invasiveness also has an impact on the final outcome. Meaning, I think my butt will truly never be the same again because in effect it is not the same as it was pre-op.

I sometimes do too much reading about symptoms and possible causes. This increases my stress and anxiety considerably. I understand your comment about PTSD and insomnia. This can be a consuming medical issue to deal with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.