2 Weeks in a 5* All Inclusive - heck I was afraid!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So, having hit the 46 pounds off mark a few weeks before my hols I was pretty unsure about this all-inclusive deal. However I worked bloomin’ hard to pay for it last year and didn’t want to cancel, and my husband would have left me!

My intention was to assess each meal individually, try to eat delicious but sensible things – so loads of fish, salads but no obvious fats. The problem was always going to be the buffet temptation and if I gave in, I was going to skip that pill out of consideration for other swimming pool users.

In the end, I did take a pill after every meal having managed to make every meal a reasonable one. I found the “take it one meal at a time” approach easier to work with than the blanket “I will be good for ever” approach which has failed me so often before. I certainly enjoyed every single meal I ate and did not feel cheated. I also went to the hotel gym every single morning after breakfast and did 40 mins fast treadmill/cross trainer/biking until I dripped.

The result? Bear in mind I was 19 stones when I started this and so I am normally far far from anyone’s model of successful restraint. Bear in mind I ALWAYS put on at least 10 pounds on every holiday I have ever gone on……..I only put on one pound in the 2 weeks. I am gobsmacked – just gobsmacked with delight. I had assumed it would be a half stone no matter how hard I tried on this holiday and was quite reconciled to that. I don’t want to count my chickens but maybe I am learning a long term healthier way of eating that means I won’t just put it all back on again.

Onwards and downwards!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

RR Delighted to have you back and with only one lb on!!! That is a great result. In hindsight I wish I had stayed on the tabs for the week I was away. Like you was afraid of consequences with so little clothes on etc etc...no need to elaborate. I didn't put on any weight, ate healthily mostly but had ice cream and some small cake for desert...no after effects at all.
  • Posted

Well Done RR!

Looking fit and tanned now!

So glad you had a nice holiday, it gives me hope for my next hols!

46Lbs is an amazing amount, what is your total target?

Sasx

• Posted

Well done RR that is fantastic. You're an inspiration to us all !! x x x
  • Posted

wow that excellent to stay commited and keep on tabs whilst away is fantastic!!!! I'm sure i would of given in and come off tabs!

keep losing xxxx

• Posted

Hi RR,

I'm going on hols next week and after reading your report I will keep on the tablets - worried about swimming pool etc But I'm sure if I stick to the plan I'll be fine.

Thanks

Louise

• Posted

Wow, RR, Congratulations! How long did it take to lose the 46 lbs?

So glad you came away with a lot of fun, and only 1 lb, which you will lose in a week I bet! smile

Vanna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.