2 weeks of feeling the worst i've ever felt!

Posted , 5 users are following.

It all started a couple weeks ago when my heart raced....tingle sensation through my body. ....so here's what i've been through:

1. went to see my general practitioner. At that time he appeared stumped and didn't know what might be causing my problems. So he ordered full blood which came back normal 24 hour urine which came back normal and a MRI.

a few days went by and all of the sudden I started to feel back pain and abdominal pain. I went back to the doctor and explained the symptoms. I also explained to my doctor that I had been on the Internet and all of the concerns that I had with the symptoms. Long story short I left with the diagnosis of gas.I got to the point where I started to feel tingle in my jaw and my left leg felt heavy. It concern me so much that my husband took me to the emergency room. At that time they did another blood which came back fine they also did an EKG which came back fine. They also did a CT scan and injected dye for a more extensive tests. All which came back fine. The doctor also gave me an anxietymedication that helped me calm down and took care of the team in my jaw and the heaviness in my leg. She also check my leg over as far as the strength and the reaction by hitting the area in your knee. So I went home. the doctor sent me home with pain meds for my stomach and back along with 5 days worth of anxiety meds. I love the anxiety meds! I no longer felt the tingle in my jaw or the heaviness in my leg. I actually felt like myself. In the meantime I had my MRI appointment as well as a ultrasound that my doctor ordered when I went for the abdominal pain appointment. So unfortunately I did not get back to him to tell him I went to the emergency room. So to fast forward to today I have now run out of those anxiety meds. Therefore I feel the tingle in my jaw and a heaviness in my leg. when I'm busy I don't feel the tingle in my jaw and leg issues as much as I do when I'm not busy.

could the tingle in my jaw and heaviness in my leg be an anxiety symptom?

I appreciate any help that could be provided.I appreciate any help that could be provided.

Thank you smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that my doctor also did another urine test just a test for cancer which came back fine. I was also told that if my general practitioner had not heard from the office who did the MRI within a day that everything was fine. I spoke to my doctor's office last Thursday and was told if they had not heard anything about the MRI then everything was okay. I have yet to hear back on the MRI and today is Saturday. the ultrasound came back perfect! now my body just feels tired. Some very small (mini) muscle twitching every now and then like I have been exercising all day.
  • Posted

yes, i think that  the tingle in your jaw and heaviness in my leg be an anxiety symptom, but doctor's opinion is the most important 
  • Posted

Hi there,

Firstly if your doctor has not heard back about your MRI, contact the MRI provider directly to make sure your results have not "fallen off a desk" etc. Don't count on your doctor's office to get everything right, you don't want to be the person that slips through the cracks.

Secondly, as someone who has experienced anxiety quite a bit I would say that there is a chance that your symptoms are related to anxiety. Anything to do with your heart or breathing for sure and your abdominal pain and back pain are not uncommon. Women, especially, tend to hold tension in their pelvis and gut. If you are anxious or stressed or overtaxed and do not have a regular outlet to deal with these things they can certainly build up tension in your body.

There are so many fantastic treatments for anxiety that involve dealing with daily stressors and getting them out of your body and out of your head. If anxiety is new to you here are a couple of things that I have found helpful to start.

Progressive Muscle relaxation: you can find many audio files online for free that will guide you through progressive muscle relaxation. The benefits are closely related to meditation and this may be a stepping stone to that. I would suggest finding an audio file that uses visualization to release your muscles rather than the type that has you tense up your muscles physically before releasing them.

Eliminate or decrease caffeine intake: caffeine is a strong stimulant that can worsen the symptoms of anxiety, and can also cause ups and downs in your mood.

Physical activity: human beings are made to move! So if you feel some anxiety coming on get outside and walk it off, it can offer immediate results. Any activity is good. Activity works as a preventative

measure for anxiety as well.

Journaling: writing down your feelings about what's happening in your life can be a very useful therapeutic tool. It allows you to see what is going on in your life with some distance between you and your emotions. There are no rules, so do whatever works for you. For example: free writing, gratitude journal, drawing (or in my case scribbling and stick figures lol) etc.

Anxiety seems to affect everyone in the same way in that in can be very distuctive or at least disturbing to our lives; however, it is unique in that some of the symptoms can depend on each persons body and mind.

Best of luck in your health.

• Posted

hi, i've had a problem with social anxiety and generalised anxiety for years.  suffered childhood trauma, growing up with a parent with mental health problems and also my sister being killed in a tragic accident.  My symptoms appeared in 2001 (i'm 51 btw) when i was diagnosed with M.E.  Was ill for bout 3 years then got better.  Worked from 2005 to 2011 in a very demanding full time job (working as a court adviser dealing with debt) also raising my 3 sons (1 suffering from severe depression) and also helping parents,I suffered from burnout and was diagnosed once again with relapse in M.E.  Had to resign from job, was really ill, started to get better again and have went back to work 2 days per week in a different roll (not as demanding).  Anyway, I am now in peri menopause and anxiety is very debilitating, stomach has been churning all day for no reason, problems driving as panic when in traffic or need to stop at red lights.  I have prescription for metrazapine but after reading others problems with side effects don't want to start with them.  Any idea what else I could try? I'd be grateful for any suggestions :-( 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.