2 weeks on and I feel amazing

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago today and I feel like I've been given a new lease of life.  I feel so well it's hard to stop myself from over doing it. Apart from an ache at the end of the day or when I over do things, I am am virtually pain free. I am sleeping well, no hot sweats and cold shivers or bad itching.  I still tire easily but manage to walk quite a long way yesterday with no pain, something I haven't been able to do for such a long time.  Amazing 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

take it easy give yourself time to heal.. No lifting or strenuous activity.. Glad for you 👍
  • Posted

That's good to hear something positive. I had mine out yesterday so still feeling sore but can't wait till I'm where you are.

• Posted

Really glad to hear your good news. I had mine out 10 weeks ago and felt brilliant the day after surgery. No pain, no nausea, I felt full of energy. I kept to a very low fat diet for the following month and then gradually introduced olive oil, oily fish etc. into my diet and now I can eat anything!!! Like you I feel I've been given a new lease of life!
  • Posted

Thats fantastic news. I am so happy for you. Ive got mine on the 25th of August and cant wait smile
  • Posted

So glad for you, do go a little was for a while. Maggie

• Posted

That is great news!

I had mine out in June and the next day, aside from the pain and tiredness, I fet like a new person. I'm about 7 weeks post op and pretty much back to normal (except for some cramping in my back, which has diminished greatly in the pad few days). In back to eating pretty normal and feeing like a normal person again. I was taking 2 Zofran a day before the surgery, and haven't had to take one since.

Congrats and continued healing.

Tom

• Posted

Great your experience is so positive. Many more happy healing blessings sent your way! 

Take care.

• Posted

Great news.

You still need to take care though as it is very early days yet.

Be careful what you eat.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April and fell into the trap of thinking i could go and eat what I wanted to again straight away. Some people can but normally it does take time for your body to adjust.

Take care and keep in otuhc

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I didn't push it with the diet for the first week, but this week I have tried a few delights.  Hubby bought a jam donut yesterday I was a bit cautious, but I seemed to have got a away with it.  To be honest I lost such a lot of weight, I don't want to put it all back on again, so hoping to keep a low fat diet except for the odd time as a treat x
  • Posted

It takes time to heal :-)  I went through the same thing in May of this year and I almost died of pancreatitis twice!! It landed me in the hospital for one month. Thye had to clean out common duct of stones and then take my gallbladder out. IV anitbiotics for fours weeks. Dilaudid 2MG every three hours for ten days straight. I'm telling you you can not take care of this pain meds, it will KILL YOU! Tell the docs to take it out!! Once out, you can eat just about everything. I went from 160 pounds down to 139 punds in hospital and here we are in August and I'm 175 pounds and 100% better. No pain, no where.
    • Posted

That's how I was gregg. Taking pain meds several times daily like they were sweeties and they weren't helping that's why I decided to have the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.